1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wanna Date Him, But.....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by OhBoy4991, Mar 20, 2014.

1. OhBoy4991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, Everyone. Thanks for at least taking the time to read my post. I really appreciate it.

My problem is this:
    I met this guy online. (I'm 19, he's 22, and we live about 20 miles apart.) We have been facebook chatting and texting back and forth for over a month now. We have planned to meet for lunch in my town, but things have come up multiple times and we've had to cancel, due to our busy schedules.
    Now, I've planned to meet him at work (He works at Walmart) and eat lunch with him. The problem is, I don't know what to tell my parents. I still live with them, and i'm financially dependent upon them. They are Bible-believing Christians and I AM out to them, but we never talk about it and they didn't really like it when I told them. I have a great relationship with them, otherwise.
    Do I tell them what i'm doing, or go on to meet him first, and see if we like each other, and then tell them? Or tell them at all???

Again, I thank you for reading my post. I would appreciate any advice you might have.

2. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would let a close friend know that you can trust and knows your parents, just in case you get kidnapped. :slight_smile:

3. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^This, and don't tell your parents. If your one of those people who absolutely have to tell them no matter what, first of all that probably isn't a good idea, but if you have to tell them, then tell them if you and him get serious, and only after you would be able to move out and live on your own if it came to that. Best of luck.

4. Saint Otaku

Ah, that smiley... ^_^

Anyhow, regarding whether you should tell your parents, her's my opinion: you say they acknowledge your gayness, but avoid the topic; therefore, I don't see the importance in them knowing that you are pursuing a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex -- the most that I would tell them (my parents are similar) is I've made a new acquaintance, without getting into too many details. However, you may want to make the relationship's nature known if it takes off, but this is ultimately your life and your parents should accept that which you do and don't tell them.