1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do? Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ema228, Mar 21, 2014.

1. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I really like this girl, and she said she liked me too :eusa_danc. Should I flirt to keep her interested? I really like her and we may possibly have a chance to be together in the future. Any advice in general? I just don't know what to do

2. AcceptingMyself

I don't understand the question. You like her and she likes you back, so you do what any other couple who shares mutual affection does... date... right? Hang out, have fun, share experiences and secrets, hold hands, and hug. Then eventually kiss, cuddle, etc. when you both are ready. If you do all that then you don't really need to flirt to keep her interested. I see flirting as something strangers do to test the waters, not a way to keep someone interested long-term.

3. Bryony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What's stopping you two from being together? If it's nothing serious I'd totally ask her out on a date :slight_smile:

4. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have asked her out, but she said she likes to know a person really well before doing anything so I just want to certain she doesn't lose interest. We are hopefully going to hang out more often so hopefully that helps, but should I still try to be flirty here in there and compliment her? I'm really awkward and not good at talking with girls or being around them.

5. AcceptingMyself

Here's my two cents worth:

Just hang out and share experiences. Don't pressure her for anything more than what she's ready for. Relationships don't have to start out physical in order to be loving and fun. Show her you respect her and care for her. Be open and honest. Make time for her so she knows you're still interested and that she's a priority. Those things will most likely keep her interested more than flirting. Flirting is a shallow expression of interest in my opinion.

*My teenage daughter's been dating the same boy for 2 years and they haven't even kissed yet (just hug, hold hands, sit close to each other), but they have a very loving, caring relationship (*hug*). They hang out, text, go on dates, buy or make gifts for special occasions and holidays, etc. to show they care.*

Hope this helps.