1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i feel left out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by meg189, Mar 21, 2014.

1. meg189

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my girlfriend and i started dating a couple weeks ago and today a mutual friend and i went to her house after school to hang out. i know that she used to have a crush on our friend but moved on and now they are best friends. when we were hanging out they were joking and laughing a lot together and i felt really left out, i always feel kinda left out when the three of us are together. when i feel this way i get more quiet and closed off because i feel like im intruding and im worried that this will make my girlfriend not like me as much because she will think that i am boring or a killjoy. i don't know what to do i feel like im over reacting but this is really bugging me :/ what should i do? i always feel really down after because of this

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can you give me a few examples? I'll be able to figure out the situation better.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like me! Honestly, I just had this conversation with my boyfriend last night.
    Brief explanation - He's funny as hell, has lots of friends, and is definitely more social than me. I stick to work, school, and my gaming.
    I'm way more boring than him, but somehow he finds it in him to love me.

Talk to your girlfriend about this. Simply explain your feelings to her.
    If she's anything like my boyfriend, she'll probably tell you that you're not boring and that she loves you regardless.

As for the three friends situation, it's normal to feel the way you do about her and your mutual friend. You just need to realize that your girlfriend is with you and isn't crushing on this other girl for a reason, if not multiple reasons. It's okay to feel the way you do, but don't ever let it interfere with your relationship (e.g. get angry at them, tell her to stop hanging out, etc.).

#3 TJ, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  4. meg189

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    we were playing a game and they kept laughing at everything the other person did but my friend acted like what i did was kinda dumb and just little things like that that make me feel like they would rather just hang out with eachother. I don't want to make a big deal out of it, my girlfriend probably doesn't even realize anything is wrong but it's bugging me

---------- Post added 21st Mar 2014 at 08:01 PM ----------

i'm not sure if i was supposed to know about her having a crush on my other friend before so i don't want to bring it up and have her get upset with the friend who told me. thank you for your advice, it helps to know i'm not the only one who feels this way

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I think she should know that you know about her past crush on that girl. She really has no reason to get upset of you're genuinely concerned. Be honest with her.

6. meg189

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok, thank you!