1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Sex and other things

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Mrcake

My bf and I have been dating for close to a month now. We have done a few sexual things but haven't had sex yet. We both really want to lose our virginity to each other, but are worried that we will be going too fast in the relationship.
    When is it too soon to have sex, and when is it okay to have sex?
    We have been talking and thinking that once a week is okay. Also, I'm sort of concerned that my bf said that we didn't need to use condoms because we are both virgins. I believe that's okay, but I advised him that we should use condoms to prevent UTIs.

How can I convince him otherwise?
    And how safe is it to not wear a condom when you are mutually exclusive in a relationship?

2. emkorora

emkorora Guest

First and foremost, I want to say I am not a licensed or educated medical practitioner, so any information given here should be taken with a large grain of salt.

1) "Too soon" varies from person-to-person.

2) It is okay when both individuals are accepting and excited to try it. :slight_smile: It is a wonderful experience, unlike any other, and should be cherished.

3) When you try it, you might find that having sex more than once a week would be fun. In fact, sometimes, more than once per day. I think it's worth a try to find out what you're both into.

4) Perhaps most importantly, there are dangers, yes. And if you're keen on persuading him, then discussing it in an unbiased, calm manner would be the best trick. But ultimately, I think reminding yourself that all of our parents went without condoms is important, too. When love and trust exists, then apprehension tends to melt away.

3. Mrcake

If you have sex too much though then couldn't it lose its charm? And yes the main reason why I want to use a condom is to prevent a urinary tract infection. I trust him very much, and I know that he is a virgin.

4. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You should be fine, I think you're mature enough to know if he only wants you for sex or not. Have fun:wink:

5. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

At least your not one of those 13 year olds that I see running around on here............. Well, I think your old enough to make your own choices.. :slight_smile: Follow your heart.

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell him about the UTI and that you'd feel more comfortable with a condom.

7. thrnvlpidj

Are you looking for encouragement or discouragement? When you find your courages it will happen.

It's too soon to have sex if you're not ready.

It's okay to have sex whenever you're in the mood.

8. AKTodd

When to have (I'm assuming you mean anal) sex is something that you both need to decide. Some people see nothing special about it and will do it whenever the mood strikes. Others want to wait for some 'special' time or occasion.

As far as how often to do it - as often as the mood strikes. Some people may do it 4-5 times a day, some may only do it once a month. Regardless, its probably better to let that sort of thing develop naturally rather than trying to set up some sort of system or rules for it before you've even tried it.

Sex isn't something people really get tired of simply on the basis of how often they do it. Rather they may get bored with doing the exact same thing every time or the like. And that's only some people - others are perfectly happy following the same routine every time. Again, you won't know until you've been doing it a bit and can determine what works best for the two of you.

Todd