1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereotyping

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Robben, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family raised me to be a Corleone type of tough guy, and they said that when I discuss my homosexual feelings that I realize I am discussing a life that is different from their own. It is hopeless to wish for any kind of compromise in the future. I wish out of this family struggle which crosses paths with homophobia, all I want to do is run for cover, but by the grace of god I find gay liberation in those who I meet through out my day.

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Your not alone........

3. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice words of wisdom, because I don't fit any stereotype as well and just recently I realized I don't have to and I will not follow any of those to be who I am.

I like to wear some kind of clothes that you can label it as a "gay brand", but I am usually more of a casual and it's not only that. I discuss sports, any type of music, politics... My family is also a very tough wall ahead me, that's why I am not out to everyone, cause I was raised to be something and I am completely different.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's only they who have chosen to call your life different, not you. What can be more fundamental than sexuality and falling in love with someone? In fact, it seems more interesting how heterosexual people can fall for someone who looks (and thinks) differently than themselves.

5. Bryony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people