1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I help my friend come to terms with her sexuality?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sexwax, Mar 22, 2014.

1. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I see my friend struggling with her sexuality to the point she's drinking and smoking a lot and I'm not the only one to notice how unhappy she is all the time she's in a relationship with this guy for almost 2 months now and I feel she's completely miserable with him how he doesn't catch on to the fact is beyond me but even in pictures of them together he's smiling and she has this crooked forced smile idk I just hate to see her so unhappy but she tries to play the straight card so often it's noticeable everything she says about her boyfriend seems fake idk I can't say she is but she's hooked up with women and said she liked it but didn't know what to call herself because she did it in a relationship with a man and men like women sleeping with other women any advice or is it pretty much on her own time and that could take forever?

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 04:59 PM ----------

She has also pushed away all her female friends and will only allow herself to be friends with guys

2. Bryony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can't 'fix' your friend, she has to do it herself. All you can really do is be there for her when she needs you. Don't let yourself be pushed away. Make sure she feels like you care. I hope everything goes well.

Good luck <3

3. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I agree with what Bryony said on this one. You can't make someone come to terms with what she is going through, but you can provide a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen if she is will to confide in you.

4. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I told her if she ever needed anything I'm around no response tho