1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you think if you got this message?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bring it, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So here's a little background on my problem. I have a crush on a guy that I haven't had many personal interactions with, and I want to get to know him better. I've been thinking of sending him a message on our school's message system, but I'm ain't worth sh*t when I'm starting a conversation with someone I don't know well. Here's the message I was going to send:

Hey Adam*, it's Betty* from your gym class. I don't want to sound weird, considering that I haven't talked to you very much, but I'd like to get to know you better. I've heard from several people that you watch a lot of anime. I watch a few myself, and I was wondering which ones you'd reccomend? Also, what are some of your other interests?
    *names substituted for fake ones

If you received this message, What would your impression be? How could I change it to make it better?

2. TheShyGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't think it's weird, and I'd just casually respond.

Maybe you could change the wording to something along the lines of, "I heard that you watch anime and I was wondering what other kinds you'd recommend? What other interests do you have?"

But what you ave isn't weird or creepy in any way, at least not to me.