1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed Hetero Male Seeking Advice on Lesbian ex Best Friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Closure, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Closure

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am depressed and for the past 365 days, for everyone I have constantly had multiple scenarios running through my head concerning my former best friend. I am a 26 year old hetero male and began a friendship with a 31 year old lesbian roughly 3 years ago. To save boring you with the full story I'll keep it short.

I worked underneath her at a company sort of in an assistant role and we hit it off instantly. Before long we were texting out of work and meeting up for drinks. Neither of us had many friends we bothered with so I guess that helped us form a bond, also the first time we spent any time together we were sent on a work trip across country for 3 days and neither of us were used to travelling.

She was having constant problems with her partner and separated and got back together several times while I knew her. 2 or 3 times a month she would call me late at night and arrange to meet leaving her partner and sleeping at my place, we never did anything though. Soon she was making up lies to avoid her partner to stay at mine on the weekend, I think because her partner didn't like her drinking.

Eventually we kissed one night were she referred to me as a lesbian :lol:and a few months later we slept together. Following that night even though she instigated sex (she's my lesbian boss I'm not gonna make a pass at her) and we were both drunk she insinuated I raped her. She would no longer speak to me even at work and shortly after went out of her way to get me fired risking her own job to do so:tantrum:

I begged her to talk to me to explain why she hated me, I apologized (even though I didn't feel in the wrong) but she refused every time. She often called me her brother and wanted me to walk her down the aisle then suddenly she is refusing to talk to me. Do you think she regrets the situation and wants to wipe it completely from her memory? Including me:icon_sad: It has been over a year and I can't get over this? Am I wrong? If so how can I get her to forgive or ever speak to me again? :help::help::help:

(This story is a lot deeper but I don't want yall to look at this ish like :eek:

2. Tetra

The only thing I can even remotely see as the problem is that she's upset that you've made her question her sexuality again. She probably struggled a lot to come to terms with her sexuality, and who she was. Now all of a sudden, she's faced with these questions of who she's attracted to again. She probably doesn't want to take on the blame herself, so she (very unfairly) pushes in onto you.

I don't know if there's any more you can do besides what you've already done. I applaud you, because it seems like you've shown understanding instead of getting hot-headed right off the bat. Remember, this isn't your fault. You did nothing wrong. Maybe just send her an e-mail, telling her exactly how you feel, that you're willing and open to talk about things. You can't force her to talk to you, but hopefully she'll come to terms with what's happened and begin to accept herself again.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think she could be also upset with you that you had sex with her when she was drunk and she probably saw it as you taking advantage of her while she was drunk . Maybe that's how she saw it . If I were her not meaning anything against you I wouldn't sleep at a straight guy friend's house to be honest
    Let me ask you a question was she drunk when you slept with you ?

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe she's actually bisexual. Honestly, she was making things awkward by coming and staying at your place.

Ultimately, you should try to see if you can work things out, but don't let that stop you from going on your own path and finding others.

5. Closure

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you. She was adamant with me that she is lesbian. She was very proud of the fact.

Thank you. I thought this may be the issue. I feel terrible for being a reason she feels like this and regret the entire night. All I ever wanted to do was be there for her, especially when he's down now I feel helpless and it hurts so much knowing she hates me.

Thanks I think I'll do that, hopefully she responds.

We had slept together drunk numerous times and nothing had happened. Like I say I never imagined she could tolerate kissing me so I would never make a move myself. Yes, we were both drunk and had been drinking together for a coupe hours when we split up, and she met me back up later that night.

6. White Knight

I think Tetra can be onto something.

Think what you would feel you slept with one your best friend, a gay one, while you are drunk. You would probably question your sexuality and thrown out of your secure zone. And as you are straight, you could blame your gay friend for making you sleep with him. Because you are straight right? You can't make move on other dudes...

Hope that will give you an idea.

In short she might face the truth and come to her senses. However if she can make herself face you again... that I can't tell. Sometimes it is easier the blame and hate instead of taking responsibility of our action and face the truth.

7. Closure

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for your response. I have tried to put myself in the same situation and understand what you mean. I don't think there is any chance though I would sleep with another man and if so would like to think I accepted my responsibility in it. Thing is thouh she wasmy best friend.

8. Clay

I would be pretty mad if someone did that to me. Insinuating I raped them and trying to get me fired? Livid.

You're going to have to talk to her somehow though. An e-mail would probably be your best bet if she's avoiding you normally.

9. pianoguy88

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not to be paranoid, but please be very careful about what you say in the e-mail. If this person is trying to get you fired, whatever you write in that e-mail is fair game.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

11. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't be surprised if she's ashamed of having slept with you as it sounds like she was still technically in a relationship with her gf. It could be that she's worried things may come to light if you remain friends which would risk her relationship, so you got dropped.

Though hurt I wouldn't try to rekindle the friendship. How could you trust a woman who falsely accused you of rape AND got you fired? She's dangerous, unbalanced, selfish and not worth the time of day.

12. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Totally agree with the above. I slept with my best male friend too, and felt weird about it the next day, but I never accused him of rape, or tried to get him fired. I'd have had a hard time legally saying that since I got on him, but even if he'd had initiated it, I could've tried to stop him or say no, or give him some indication that I didn't want to. We did have some wine, but I wasn't that drunk. Even if she was drunk, unless she was passed out stupor drunk, that's no excuse. The main difference though is neither of us were in a relationship with someone else, so she might be feeling guilty about that.

I knew my current BF back when I had a same sex relationship and there would've been no way I would've slept over with him at that time even though we were friends, even if there had been an attraction (which there wasn't for either of us at that time) I would never have lied to my partner to be with someone else, same sex or not. And having a relationship with someone you work with, someone whom your in charge of?

Do you really want someone who's done that to you, and might do something worse if you let it happen?

13. Closure

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am pretty mad too, but most important I want to understand things.

She already cost me my job.

I thought she knew she could trust me. I didn't even bring any of this up while she got me sacked, stupid I know but I was going through a rough time and not thinking clearly. I get what you're saying but I would rather help her through her issues than just cast her aside.

I totally understand what you're saying and agree. I couldn't ever be close friends with her again but would like to at least keep in touch. I think mainly I'm just confused and seeking answers, it has been a year and I can't stop thinking of her and the whole situation everyday and it is really starting to get me down, I feel like I am losing my mind.

14. YoungNBold

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely agree with tetra on why should would be upset with you. However, crying rape is not ever acceptable and she crossed a serious boundary. If anybody should be apologizing it should be her. Without one it is probably better to just move on even though it may be hard. It will be for the best in the end.

15. White Knight

Ummm Closure, do you have feelings, more than friendly ones for that lady?

I am asking this because if someone should try to accuse me with lowly crime like rape and cost me my job, only reason I would want to see them again is for punching them right in the middle of the face. No matter how close friends they were.

You seem like obsessed with her and it is not looks healthy. Sometimes it is better to let go. As long as she sees you as a mistake I think getting back together dreams are futile.

16. confusedinnh

confusedinnh Guest

I totally agree with what White Knight said.

If I were you, I would run for the hills and put this all behind you. Feel lucky that she didn't attempt to press charges and you're not sitting behind bars.

17. Bryony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Only about 3% of rapists are ever punished. If this guy did actually rape that woman his chances of being behind bars are pretty damn slim, and even if he were punished chances are he'd get what is essentially a slap on the wrist.

Remember:

A rape victim says "I was drunk" and it makes the assault her fault.

A rapist says "I was drunk" and suddenly he can't be held responsible for his actions.

Our society is full of double standards.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Plus why would you want a relationship with a woman like her she's a cheater she cheated on her girlfriend plus if she was with you she'll cheat on you . You and her girlfriend are better off without this woman . I feel sorry for the girlfriend in all this . In the first place I would never ever sleep over at a guy's house . This one of the reason's I"m glad I don't drink

#18 stocking, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  19. White Knight

Similar thing happened to me with my first boy friend. While we are on a vacation, he slept with my best friend. According to him he just scared and tried to prove himself that he is not gay. Tho his awesome masterplan kinda backfired as he didn't get an erection with her.

People do crazy things for most stupid reasons and in their weird logic it is all reasonable. To qoute Tiffani from Eating Out 2:

Just use it for every people.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What happened to you guys afterwards ? Man i would be so upset if a girl did this to me I'm not even gonna lie and the guy too . I just wouldn't talk to either of them