1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would it be creepy or weird to approach her?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChromeNerd, Mar 22, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's this girl at my school GSA who I'm kind of attracted to. I feel kind of creepy/weird approaching her because she's in grade ten and I'm in grade twelve. I know I should probably get to know her, but I'm extremely awkward. I just have no idea what to say. I could just say hi, but I will probably be very awkward saying that. I'm already extremely anxious and awkward around people who I'm not attracted to. What should I do?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Two years is nothing. Since she's in the GSA, that's a really good sign she wouldn't be offended at you approaching her. Try to find some common connection between you and her. Maybe you could ask why she joined the GSA in the first place?

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I know that two years is nothing in the real world. I just feel creepy because she's closer to my younger sister's age than my age.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I was in the opposite situation, a scared/closeted 10th grader who had a huge crush on my friends older brother who was in 12th grade. I somehow managed to actually call him up and vaguely ask if he liked me, but he didn't. He was probably straight (though, I later learned his girlfriend at the time came out as a lesbian). I actually kept telling myself I would come out if he liked me back, but alas nothing happened and I'm here 7 years later still stuck in the closet.

Since you're both in the GSA, you have much better odds than me.

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with resu. Two years is nothing compared to my ex girlfriend and I; I'm 27 and she was 22. I have a niece who is the same age, but it did not matter, so please don't let her age stop you from getting to know her.