1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Friends"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cass, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Cass

So my "best friend" for the last couple years has been dating this guy that I don't like. That's fine though, generally, because I don't typically care about who she dates as long as she's happy. The issue I have is this: since they've been dating she's practically not my friend anymore. She dosent talk to me anymore and any time I try to make plans she tells me she'll get back to me or dosent know instead of flat out telling me she has plans with him and trying to work it out. She treats me like an aquaintence. I had to find out that she was having gal bladder surgery through Facebook. I tried waiting for the honeymoon phase to end, but even know all they do is fight and practically hate eachother and I still can't have her back. To top it off her boyfriend is always finding a reason why it's my fault that me and her don't talk.
    I guess I should cut my losses. We've only been best friends for like nine years anyway

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Omg best friends suck, they're always so willing to leave you even if you put so much effort. I say just date someone they're way more dependable.

3. afroblackbi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    9 years is too long to sever the ties. Hold on a bit long and maybe get to talk to her. Alone. If that means doing anything to get her to give you attention for that "what's happening between us" conversation. Please not all friends get to stick around for that long

4. Cass

I've done all I know how. I've tried having a mediator I've tried being alone and calm I've tried being aggressive, passive agressive, I even accidently went on a rant while drunk and crying and nothing's changed