1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you interpret this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kylegf2011, Mar 23, 2014.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I text a guy, he texts me back, and he continues the conversation, we talk, and then he answers one of the questions I ask, and asks me another one, I answer and ask him something else, and he doesn´t answer again...

Its not the first time he´s done it, he stops answering, and after a few days I text him again and he answers again, so do you think its not un purpose? or he just doesn´t like to talk to me? I mean why would he answer later if he doesn´t want to talk to me at all?

What do you make of this?

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Could be busy or could just not like you very much......From what you said, I think hes just busy....... XD I dont ask questions unless the person sparks an interest..... XD Ask him

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get the same treatment. One specific friend I'll text and we'll talk and then nothing. Couple days go by and rinse and repeat.

If it really bugs you, you could always confront him about it. Personally, I've just come to deal with it...cept that's not fun.

4. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

He could be playing hard to get

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2014 at 04:05 PM ----------

Me personally, if someone does that to me than I just delete them from my contacts..... But thats just me XD

5. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The thing about texting is you generally have no idea where he is, what he's doing, who else is there, etc... Maybe he turned off his phone when the movie was about to start, maybe the class/conference/meeting is just starting, maybe he's just sitting down to dinner, getting in his car, who knows. I suppose you can go back and figure out if there's a pattern to the type of questions that make him stop replying, or if this becomes a pattern you could always ask him why he does this if it bothers you that much.

6. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm on both ends of this quite a lot. If I'm in the other guys position it's often the case that I saw a text but was busy so put my phone down. The reminder on my phone disappears and I forget to reply. That could be what is happening and if it is don't be worried, he's just forgetful!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is one of my most optimistic theories, I really hope its something like this.

The problem is when Im going to text him again, I always fear that this time he won´t reply at all :icon_sad:

8. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose but if you let tht fear get a hold of you then he has nothing to reply to haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: the thing that always gets me is a fear of being needy but I think very few people are put off by someone enjoying talking to them:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. robclem21

Try to relax. Not everybody is an avid texter. Some people are great at maintaining text conversations and some are not. It really isn't a big deal. Instead of texting, try to hang out with him and see how is interactions are in real life. That will give you a better idea of his interest in you.

If this is the same guy who you said was writing exams last week, than maybe its the same problem? Give him like a week to finish exams, hang out and go from there. If he isn't interested than there will always be someone else.

Fussing and worrying over stuff like this is pointless in my opinion and is only going to make you appear needy to him and speed up the process of having it not work out. Just let it go and hang out with him and take it from there.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, sometimes people people feel it's awkward replying to an old message, so they find it easier to start anew. Other times, the person is just forgetful of what they have said. I often find that's the case with friends I've known and talked for a long time, where I will hear the same story repeated.

Ultimately, text messages are kind of tough to deal with because they're so permanent. If you had all your phone calls recorded and transcribed, you would also see that often the conversations are repetitive and abruptly stop because one person or the other has to do something.