1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENRAGED at my mum!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sully, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Sully

Okay so I've just got home from signing my first ever rental house lease. So a big day, and I've been away from home for a couple of days with friends so I'm a bit tides. Anyway I come home and see my bedroom door (I live outside in a renovated shed) is open and I thought 'if she's been cleaning my bedroom I'm going to kill her'.

Sure enough she'd been cleaning and all I saw was red. I'm a really private person and hate people invading my space, and surely after 20 years of telling her this she'd get it? It does my head in. I just wanted to get home and relax but I can't even get into my own family home without being annoyed by her.

On top of that she'd 'accidentally' opened my mail, which happened to be a letter from a lawyer letting me know they intend to sue me for $6000, over an insurance claim which apparently my insurance company fucked up. And then I find documents pertaining to the claim which I'd filed in my VIP document folder, which she had gone through to find them.

In short, my mother seems to have no respect for boundaries. I can't wait to move out, and I certainly hope the insurance thing is sorted.

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I can't wait to move out, too!! XzD Join the club, friend!!! XD XD

Anyways, hang on there.........

3. Sully

Oh, seriously like. Fuck. (Excuse the expletives I'm just feeling like shit tonight). Tomorrow I'll be in my own house. I can just chill out, have some wine, and just exist. It hasn't felt like I've been able to do that.

I'm moving in with two people that know I'm gay and life is just lookin up (although it's going to be a tough year money wise :S)

First things first though. I need to get over this bitch of a day.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, Sully. That really sucks that you had to experience that. I've had people violate my boundaries and it feels really shitty, so I understand what you're feeling. For me, it's just a sense of violation of my personal space.

Do you think it's worth having a sit-down conversation with her? I realize you'll be moving out, but there might be some value in trying to communicate how much of a boundary violation her actions are, and explain that, as you are moving out, how your future relationship with her develops will depend on her ability to respect your boundaries. The problem is, people with no boundaries often get really angry when anyone imposes any boundaries, and does everything possible to violate them... but it might be worthwhile as a sort of "innoculation" so that if there are any problems in the future, you've already set clear expectations.

5. Sully

Normally she's just your standard level of parental annoyance but tonight I just couldn't cope with it after a couple of busy days and a stressful day today.

I tried apologising to her but I got annoyed again by her just saying build a bridge. Urgh!!! God just thinking about it all right now is just making my blood boil. I'm sure after a good nights sleep I'll be fine, but yeah, not feeling great at the moment :/.