1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Be Falling For My Best Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Stronger24, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Stronger24

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all! I know it's been quite a while since posting on here but I have a tiny problem that might turn bigger.

So, I am currently down in Florida doing the Disney college program, basically an internship down in disney world.

I live with 3 other guys, all who I consider best friends. But I live in the same room with my closest friend I've ever had.

He's pretty much a big brother figure and a best friend all wrapped up into one. I've always wanted what we have right now, a really close brotherly relationship. And we are extremely close, like he doesn't mind hugging me and putting his arm around me if I'm sad or upset or whatnot. And we can be as open as we want with each other.

Thing is he is straight as can be.

And he's one of the most attractive guys I'd laid my eyes on. He was a football player and loves to workout (I even workout with him, which I never used to before coming down here. I go running and he lifts.) And I go kinda so I can see him flexing his muscles and what not.

A big turn on for me is when guys wear necklaces. And of course, he wears one all the time and plays with it and talks about it all the time too.

The problem is that I feel like i'm crushing on him. He knows I'm gay and he knows I find him attractive and he doesn't care. But every time I see him anymore, I get.....ya know.... hard. When he hugs me and puts his arm on me, same thing happens. I get really turned on when he fixes or plays with his necklace, because it looks really good on him. He also wears really tight shirts and sleeveless shirts as well, which doesn't help me.

I just have the urge to cuddle with him! But know he'd totally refuse and think its weird, even though he's open minded.

I just don't know what to do. Do I tell him I am crushing on him? Do I keep it a secret and just try super hard to forget it? I just don't know. I don't want to ruin this perfect relationship with the crush on him

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If he knows you're gay, maybe you could just start complimenting him or saying you want to find a guy like him. Don't try to "forget it", but you can start to get more comfortable with him. Personally, I can't maintain a crush on a guy if I'm convinced he is straight; I still know someone physical attractiveness, but the infatuation wears off once I get to know him.

3. Will2M

^ this is perfect. Don't try and forget it because if it is really are crush it won't just go away. It needs to be resolved. So start flirting with him a little bit, get close when you can etc. good luck! I know what it is like to be in your position

4. Stronger24

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the responses. I just find myself getting jealous now that when he hangs out with other people, even though he isn't into me. I guess you can say i'm getting really attached and I really don't want to be