1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I like him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by richardd, Mar 24, 2014.

1. richardd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went to a restaurant to celebrate a friend's birthday and I didn't know any of her friends. There was a guy who, according to my friend, wanted to date her and to socialize I sit next to him. After the dinner the guy put his hand in my leg, at first I thought it wasn't on purpose but 1 minute passed and he didn't take off his hand, besides every time he asked me something or talked to me he squeezed my leg and said my name. After 10 minutes (he hadn't move his hand) he asked me to go out the restaurant to "smoke" but unfortunately a friend came with us so I couldn't make a move.

The next day he got my phone number (I don't know how) and sent me a text asking whatever (things from school), naturally I tried to continue the talk.
    I wanted to ask him is he was gay to so I start with the classic question "Can I ask you something?", he didn't answer yes or no, he told me that his network was bugging and if we could talk by snapchat, I agreed. He was always evading the question so at the end I didn't asked him. for a week we continued to talk by snapchat but in a very banal way.

I decided to ask him out, but once again he didn't say yes or no, he told me that maybe he waited a friend ('till 6 o'clock) and the he returned to his place. At the end he took the bus at 4:45, he knew I finished school at 5. At my point of view he turned me down ... The next week we barely talked to each other, I sent him messages and he barely answered them.

So what do you think? Do you think he is gay to? Everybody thinks he is straight so obviously if he is gay he is in the closet.
    What can I do? I want to go out with him but if he is in the closet I want to continue to respect his choice and not to expose him in front of everybody, the problem is that almost everybody knows I'm gay so I really don't know what to do, and how to do it (I want to add that I'm kind of shy and not very good and flirting:confused:) ...

2. Stingray

Stingray Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He made it clear at the restaurant that he is interested in you, and he got your phone number. Be patient. He may feel you are pressuring him a bit. If everybody thinks he is straight and almost everybody knows you're gay, he might be uncomfortable wanting to go out with you. Be patient with him and good luck.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try just giving him some encouragement with short, friendly messages (like saying good morning) that show you're still interested. You might also try going out somewhere kind of far from where mutual friends might see you two, like a park or some restaurant far out of town.

Also, since most people think he's straight, he may be conflicted about his feelings for you (he could be bisexual but not realize there are other orientations besides gay and straight). Obviously, he was very nervous when you were asking "the question", so much so that he only could trust snapchat. In that sense, it maybe too soon for him to have a full-on relationship, and you need to know your own limits on how long you can wait for him to be out.