1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girlfriend makes me feel terrible

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by charlavail, Mar 25, 2014.

1. charlavail

Out Status:
    All but family
    I know she doesn't do it on purpose, but my girlfriend has recently been making me feel really terrible about myself. She's really dismissive with me, and even my friends have noticed. I give her all the affection, and it's not even as much as I would like because she never gives any back, so I feel like I might be suffocating her.

She always calls other girls around me hot. Not in a tasteful "oh she's really pretty" kind of way, but as if she was talking to a friend about a hot girl. She's done that to me for a couple girls now and I feel bad because then I wonder what is wrong with me that she can't appreciate me.

I know that she is stressed with school and whatnot, but I still feel like she feels forced to be with me, and hang out with me. If I don't make an effort to contact her, ask her to eat dinner, or out on a date, or just in general to hang out with her, she will not even shoot me a text. I tried to see if she would ever text me first for anything, and we went 3 days without talking. She never asks me anything, wants to know anything about me. She just talks about herself.

Should I talk to her? It's only been 2 1/2 months. I'm not asking her to declare her love for me and get super serious. But the beginning is supposed to be the fun time, and there is nothing fun for me. I cry and I'm super sad because I really like her and enjoy spending time with her, but it doesn't feel like she even gives a second thought toward my existence.

2. never ready

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah you should talk to her about it. They say communication is key to a relationship.

3. Simple Thoughts

Talk with her...

or just dump her and find someone better. She sounds terrible -.-'