1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cousin hates me now

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lucina, Mar 25, 2014.

1. lucina

lucina Guest

My cousin. My best friend. The closest thing I've ever had to a brother. And now, he doesn't even want to speak to me. He told me to fuck off earlier, because I called him on his transphobia. It hurts so much, losing someone so close to you. Cheer me up, please.

---------- Post added 25th Mar 2014 at 07:39 PM ----------

He gave me an hour to tell my parents that I was trans or he'll do it for me.
    Fuck my life.

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

People are like books... some pages maybe stuck together, read as many times as you wish, those pages will forever be a mystery until you shake their covers.

I have accepted that if a certain person I was real close to before I came out dislikes me now... oh well their loss, I am a terrific person, and if they want to be hung up on some intolerant stigma then I guess we were never really friends to begin with, even blood.

Maybe you could call his bluff? do you live with your parents? if so do they normally see you in this way?
    if so, play it off if you're not ready to tell them completely

If you plead with him, it will show him he has power over you, and power corrupts...

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that. Really not sure what can be said to make you feel better...

But I hope you DO feel better soon...

4. lucina

lucina Guest

I have to tell my parents now. If I don't by 8:47 CST, he will. Why is he being so cruel to me?

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We can't answer that.

Perhaps he's scared or confused. Perhaps he really does hate you. Without talking to him it's impossible to know.

But understand this, you don't have to do a damn thing!

If he tells your parents and he has no proof of it, nobody here is going to think badly of you if you tell them he is lying.

You come out when you are damn well ready. As Claudette says, if you show him he has power over you, he will abuse it.

You can take that power in two ways.

1. You can tell them.
    2. You can deny it (as long as he doesn't have proof)

Honestly, whichever one you pick is fine.

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

You may not have to, do you have any evidence to confirm this about you? Like panties and make-up and such around your room. If they go solely on your cousin's word, how can they condemn you?
    Sure coming out to your parents is a great thing to do, however it should never be rushed.
    Some people have intolerant views of anything transgender(or LGBT for that matter), I would assume this to be doubly true in Texas as it seems a very red state.
    He might think he is helping you by telling your parents to maybe "Get you some Help" as kind as this seems from his point, it is intolerant... why don't you tell me a little about your parents, like what are they like & their views on Homosexuality

7. lucina

lucina Guest

He has proof, because most of our conversation is over facebook. I have to come out now. Wish me luck.

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah.

Well then. Good luck, hold your ground and know we are here for you when it's over.

9. Claudette

Claudette Guest

you still have some time to mentally prepare for this... anyway we can help?

10. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sucks that he would do something like this. But I wish you luck! And I hope you have accepting parents.

11. lucina

lucina Guest

Right now, right this very second, I just need support and advice. My parents think I'm confused and negatively influenced. Even my mom, one of the most accepting people I've ever met, said she was uncomfortable with the idea that I felt like a girl inside.

12. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm really sorry for this, but just remember that you will get through this stronger, while you're cousin will have to live with the guilt of breaking your trust in him. Just keep talking to us here.

13. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I was waiting to hear from you.
    I would have your parents read this
    http://community.pflag.org/Document.Doc?id=202
    it is a booklet to better help friends and family understand what it is you're going through.
    and hopeful give them the required tools and abilities to better help and support you

As for the negative influence... it is easy for them to say that... but they need to understand there are so many factors involved in "feeling like a girl inside"
    Genetics, hormone exposure in the womb, among other things.
    If you are being influenced, it is from within not from without =)

14. Skov

I'm so sorry you had to go through this :frowning2: It may be miserable now, but one thing that I've learned is that it gets better. I know that sounds cliche, but it's true. My parents were very uncomfortable with the thought of me being gay when they first found out. In fact, they were pretty nasty about it. It didn't happen overnight, but with time, they are learning to be more accepting and comfortable.

15. lucina

lucina Guest

It was the same with me and bisexuality. Transgenderism, however, seems to be a harder pill to swallow for them, which is unfortunate. Also unfortunate is that 'transgenderism' is not a word.

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2014 at 12:33 AM ----------

My mom might read that, but my dad won't touch it.

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2014 at 12:34 AM ----------

Equally as unfortunate, my parents think I'm lying when I say I feel like a girl inside.

16. lucina

lucina Guest

So, my cousin doesn't hate me, but he doesn't believe I'm trans.