1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need someone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WearyWanderer, Mar 25, 2014.

1. WearyWanderer

I'll keep this brief because I'm tired. I'm lonely. Really lonely. Part of me feels I'm not ready for a relationship, another part feels like I just really need someone in a romantic relationship. The two friends that know are a great support for me, and by great I mean friggin' awesome, but it just isn't the same...

Dating someone at school would be nearly impossible. It's a small, conservative school and word would spread quickly. And I do not plan on coming out to my entire school, at all. One of my friends has offered that he might be able to help me find a guy outside of school...but I'm unsure and chickened out, saying maybe later. However, this might be an okay option.

I am also aware of some teen gay support group in my city. But...from what I read, it sounds a bit too...out there. I know I'd feel uncomfortable going there, and I'm just really scared. However, I realize there is a real chance that I might find someone there. I'm not sure I'm ready for something like that yet though.

Of course, I could always just wait for college. I know a lot of guys don't even get boyfriends until past that. But...I want one really badly in the near future. Not now necessarily, but really soon. I need that connection.

Any advice?

2. Bryony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You will make it through <3

Humans are naturally social creatures that have emotional needs that must be met for their own health. That's why things like solitary confinement cause serious mental health problems for the people subjected to them.

All I can suggest is trying to make a connection with people online. Try build a larger network of awesome friends who will support you online. Maybe you might meet some of them some day, maybe not. Maybe you will meet and fall in love with one (or more) of them.

Broaden your network of friends who know who you are.

Good luck

3. WearyWanderer

Well, thank you, but I really meant like getting a boyfriend. And I wouldn't really like one online, because I'd want a bit more of a personal relationship to be honest. But thanks for trying to help anyway.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go with your friend's suggestion. Although, usually these friend matches don't work out, but it's something to try at least.
    I've never had a relationship and I won't be able to have one until university next year, so don't feel bad...
    Do things that let you meet new people. Ever wanted to play a certain sport or learn how to do something? Join a group. Relationships don't have to be something you actively seek, sometimes they just happen when you meet people.

5. WearyWanderer

Thank you. I will try that out. :slight_smile: