1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i break friendship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yosia, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Yosia

I have been best friends with someone for about 5 years now and he used to be really nice and friendly but recently he has started becoming bad~

He is really arguing with anything i say and he says how because i like anime that im weird and he is quite homophobic even though he is bisexual himself?! He also is really selfish too and went really mad because me and my other best friend said that we didnt want to do his plan for leavers day~

But the worst part is how i told him i didnt know entirely my gender and he says that trans* are worthless and dont deserve to live on this world~ i was so upset by this i couldnt even say anything to him. He said he didnt mean it but i think he did as he is the type pf person to say this~

I only have about 4 weeks before i leave school so should i just put up with him until then or should i break our friendship? If i did i dont know who i would hang out with though >.<

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Understand that what I say now is COMPLETELY biased. I will try my hardest to counter my own point after I have made it, but I cannot promise absolute neutrality.

DITCH HIM RIGHT NOW. My biggest regret so far in life is continuing to be friends with someone terrible because I had nobody else at the time. He had been part of my group of friends for what...nearly a decade at that time, I had a lot invested in that friendship.

He insulted me, dragged me down and made me feel terrible. As a result I hurt (psychological) one of the nicest, sweetest most wonderful people I know. This guy I had been friends with started picking on this other guy, and he had made me feel so shitty about myself I went along with it. We made that guy cry. We made a 17 year old guy cry, in school, for no reason at all.

I will never forgive myself for that, and I know I would never have done it if I'd just left that toxic bastard when my other friends went off to other schools. How do I know? Because I've been best friends with the guy we made cry since the day after that incident. You find other, better people.

OK, balance...I said I'd try, but it's hard...too hard. I can't. The best thing I can come up with is that you won't have him to hang around with, and at some point you'll have to tell him you don't want to be friends. That's all I can come up with. Sorry.

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Joshiee, hard thing to hear, but Holly is right. Toxic people do no one any good, least of all their friends. Find someone to befriend who is perhaps not so self-hating (as he seems to be).

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The dude sounds like a douchenozzle. Calling trans* people worthless would be enough for me to ditch him if I was put in your situation. Maybe I'm just showing the social justice side of me though.

Also, you are DEFINITELY not worthless. (*hug*)

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a different angle to consider... if he has such a spiteful and nasty personality, chances are, other people will see him for what he is too and you will (in their minds) be guilty by association. Remaining friends with him could inhibit your ability to make friends with others. His bad reputation, could be dragging yours down too.