1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay, but am I anti-woman?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Samwise, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Samwise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This sounds ridiculous, but in the spirit of an honesty I will try to explain my situation with as much respect as is possible for a topic that is admittedly disrespectful to a whole lot of people: women.

I am a male who is totally infatuated with my fellow male gender. I think men are the most beautiful specimens of life on the planet and for that reason, I have known since the beginning of my life that I am deeply homosexual. Starting with appearances, I just find the naturally larger muscles of men, their deeper voices, their bigger hands and feet, their strong jawlines and chins just incredibly attractive and beautiful. The idea of strength and power and domination that seems to have come to characterize men over our human history. Whether it's right or wrong or bad or good, it has happened and one gender has held the majority of the power on this planet for thousands of years. I guess I am attracted to that power or something? It is so flagrant and severe and impressive and awe-inspiring and attractive to me. To think how strong a man must be or how much a taller, built man can accomplish and command is fascinating and at the same time feeds into a deeply erotic attraction that I have regarding males. There are so many great, smart, powerful and strong men

I don't see it matched with women. I just don't understand, from a physical point of view, what is attractive or impressive about women to straight men. What is it about women's breasts that are so attractive to straight males? They are two fatty sacks that hang on the chest. What is attractive about that? What erotic story line do those sacks produce that inspires some to become aroused? The idea that they produce milk and that is an impressive biological pheonomen? Maybe? I don't know. I guess I understand a vagina and the desire to have some kind of a moist pocket to ejaculate one's penis, but if that's the reason, you might as well fuck a cantaloupe. A cantaloupe will not produce a baby in 9 months.

One thing that I've always found more attractive on women than on men is long beautiful hair. But it isn't a sexual attraction, it's more of a pure admiration of beauty- not erotic at all. It is pleasurable to look at just like an art exhibit might be in a museum, but it doesn't have that strong, big, rough attraction that gets me sexually excited about men.

I also find myself thinking that the funniest people I know are men, or have male-typical humor. (Crass females might fit here). I find men easier to get along with in general as well. I feel as though men, as a whole, have less drama and while we are famous for keeping our emotions bottled up (perhaps to a fault), it makes life around guys so much nicer and easy going. I love watching male-dominated sports and any female version of the same sport just seems comically inferior in nearly every case. It's a joke in a lot of cases and sad.

I know half of you on this forum want to slap me because this is all a lot of generalization and stereotyping, but on a whole, this is what I perceive- right or wrong.

Now, there are women who certainly impress me- Hillary Clinton, Suze Orman, Amelia Earhart etc., but most of those I see as masculating them selves in a certain way in order to achieve what they do. The most impressive parts about them are all things that I associate with men, I guess.

Aghh! I feel so bad, but so sure... and so cruel and so mean...but again... I am truly just writing my personal thoughts.

Does anyone else struggle with these feelings? In my head feminine = less impressive = a big turn-off.

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

WOW, you really have guts for posting this......

I will not say anything harsh to you because your being really honest.....

What you said May upset me but whatever I guess..

I am in no mood right now to really say anything to you but just know that I got respect for your honesty

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with DeLuna. It takes a lot of courage and vulnerability to come out and say what you said, and I admire you for it.

So I think the short answer is: There are plenty of gay men that simply feel a lot more comfortable around other men than they do around women and generally avoid women. And there are plenty of lesbians that have no interest in having male friends or are openly hostile to or annoyed by men.

I also know some surprisingly liberal, very socially conscious people, including, for example, a female social worker, who, though straight, generally is a lot more comfortable around women than men, and this is reflected in who she hangs out with and works with.

So maybe it's not the most loving, accepting, beautiful, and politically correct thing in the world, but for those people, it's an honest representation of their feelings. And as long as you're not in a position where you are actually discriminating against women (say as, by being a hiring manager who hires only men), then there's really no concern.

If it bothers you, and if it extends beyond simply appearance and such, it's something you could explore in therapy to see if there's some underlying reason for your feelings, but honestly, I think you have a lot more people who share your views than you realize... it's just that most of them won't admit it :slight_smile:

4. Erzulie

I feel the same way, only flip the genders. I really have zero sexual attraction to men. I respect you for your honesty. As long as you treat women with respect, you're totally fine to feel this way in my opinion. You're not alone in this outlook on the opposite sex.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I don't think being pro-male/men/masculinity necessarily means anti-woman, and if you're only attracted to members of the same sex, it makes sense you wouldn't be able to see eye-to-eye with those who are attracted to women.

You're not discriminating against or hurting anyone.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you're more concerned about masculinity and femininity rather than the male and female genders per se. And, that is reflected in the larger American (and often global) culture that values masculinity at the expense of femininity. IMO, that is the only real danger, when masculinity is seen as not just different but better. Your views might stem from how you were raised and your social environment, especially if you participated in male-dominated activities like sports or a fraternity.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They are not sacks they are beautiful !!!!! and My kitty is not a cantaloupe Sir :tantrum:

:tears: I can understand your not attracted but why must you insult it . It reminds me of the gay man that said vaginas look like old people when they turn to the side :confused:

8. BelleFromHell

I agree.
    You were birthed through a "cantaloupe" and your got vital nutritions through a couple of "fatty sacks", show them some respect. I'm not saying you have to like them, just don't be disrespectful.
    It's perfectly OK to hang out with only dudes, just don't be a douche about it.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Am I the only female that doesn't find this offensive?

I mean I've seen lesbians insulting how gross a penis is/looks, and nobody seemed to complain about that.

I don't think he hates women, I just think he finds them unattractive. Fine with me.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We have but we never called it sacks all i said was it looks like a rocket ship and mushroom
    maybe i'm just sensitive:tears: tonight .

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Aren't they technically sacks? That can be in a neutral way too lol

I have bigger breasts and I'm not really offended, but I guess I can understand why others would be.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Their beautiful sacks :icon_redf

13. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This thread is kinda hilarious...

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Falling's right we've said some mean things about men's penis

15. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I can get behind Samwise's sentiment to a degree, except that my guilty generalization involves character, not looks. (Nothing to me is more physically gorgeous than a hot-looking female.)

In my--admittedly, quite limited--experience, I just find men to overall have more character than women*, to be more preoccupied with universal issues of morals and ethics vs. issues that only affect one within a personal hemisphere. Then again, it's entirely possible (if not probable) that I simply have encountered a disproportionate number of cowardly, conniving women; or maybe I simply miss a slew of genuinely upstanding women right in front of my face. (I am myopic, lol.) I'm sincerely starved in my personal life for women I can truly admire and look up to, as opposed to merely enjoying their physical beauty (which fades).

Sorry if this comes across as woman-bashing, I don't mean it to be. As one personally, acutely fixated on matters of conscience and character (not to mention a too-underpopulated life), I'm maybe reading in a divide that isn't there. My apologies if I have offended anyone. I welcome redress that may help me reconsider the matter. *slinks away in the meantime*

*A significant part of my attraction to people is intelligence; an equally-large part is character and big-heartedness. This latter feature likely accounts for a plurality of my attraction to certain men (I usually find women more physically appealing).

16. 19EmKay90

Most people have more in common and prefer to spend their time with the same sex including gay people. Straight people get something from the being in the company of the other sex that gay people get from being in the company of the same sex so for many gay people there is never the need to try and meet people of the opposite sex.

I guess spending all your life not really having any close relations with people of the opposite sex you don't really understand them and you have no interest in understanding them so you can end up feeling there is no need for them.