1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I just got a boyfriend and I have conflicting feelings

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yep, Mar 27, 2014.

1. yep

yep

Hey everyone!

So, I've been talking to my now current boyfriend for about 9 months and I've always really liked him. We've both pursued a relationship for a long time and we finally made if official this week. I thought I would be over the moon, but I'm just...not.

Like, I really like him and he's sweet, but it doesn't feel like we're dating. We live like 2 hours apart so we don't see each other very often and I don't know if that's it. It's so hard to explain, but I just don't know if it feels right.

Has anyone else ever had this feeling? I mean, I've never been in a real relationship like this before so I don't know how it's supposed to feel.

:help: please!

2. Will2M

It sounds to me like you are adjusting to life outside the "friend zone" you were friends for 9 months before actually getting together and the showing affection part might be hard to get used to. I have a friend that was like this for awhile with his girlfriend. They were absolute best friends and he finally asked her out and she said yes. Now, two months later they are finally getting used to the idea that they are best friend but are also dating. Just give it time. He sounds like a great guy. Stick around and see what happens :slight_smile: good luck!

3. yep

yep

Thanks! I guess I'll just have to give it time.