1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married/relationship LGBT question

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Radioactive Bi, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a question for those in the LGBT community that are/were in a heterosexual marriage/relationship. Before you married or in relationship your partner, did you already know you were LGB?

If not, how did you come to realise and what was your partners reaction when they found out? Also what happened next?

If so, what made you get married to someone of the opposite sex (mainly talking LG peeps here) or have a relationship, did your partner know, and what was their take on it? Also, did/has the marriage/relationship endured...

I only ask as I'm bi myself. My wife and I separated around 5 months ago. We are still best friends with 2 kids but I haven't told her I was bisexual. I think I only really admitted it to myself not long after the breakup although I think I've known since I was a teenager. Your thoughts are most appreciated guys.

:slight_smile:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the first part of your question, I invite to read my blog entitled "Why we married"

As for whether she knew, yes she figured it out on her own from many pieces of evidence, way before I was ready to acknowledge it. I finally came out to my ex about 3 weeks ago, and she acted exactly as I expected, which is angrily but not surprised. This may have more to do also with our current newly minted divorce, there is a lot of hurt there.

How yours will react really depends on her and your relationship, which appears good...but you never know how people will react to this news...