1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by grumpyb18, Mar 28, 2014.

1. grumpyb18

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone,

I'm gonna write a long post, so if you get easily bored you don't have to carry on reading.
    I don't know where to begin. As I said in my introduction, I've never been in a relationship or kissed someone. I've had a major male crush, but we mostly communicated through texts, Facebook and Twitter and only got to see each other twice (the first time was awkward because I'm extremely shy; the second time I had brought an Internet friend with me — whom I had met before — and she was talking to the guy on Twitter too, so I figured out why not invite her, that way we could talk as friends, etc. but it turns out that I served as a matchmaker and now they've been together for 8 months). We were good friends and I was so gutted this couldn't have gone further that I completely stopped talking to him — and I regret that an awful lot. I think I'm over him as a crush but I'm not completely sure. Anyway, that's not the main point of my thread. I've always considered myself as heterosexual, because of my family's influence (everyone's a heterosexual so I am one too). But deep down, I know I've always felt a slight attraction for girls.
    Recently, I had this talk with a professor of mine (I don't have him as a professor this year), because I was feeling really down. We talked about a bit of everything, mostly my personal life, and then the topic of relationships came up. He was surprised that I had never had a boyfriend, and then said "this is where you tell me you don't have a boyfriend because you like boys". In utter honesty, I replied I didn't know. So from that moment on, my state of mind has evolved into "I'm bisexual". Let me add that, a few days before this conversation, a friend from my class was, in my opinion, acting in a peculiar way. (Just so the context is clearer for you, I am not a tactile person at all. I don't really like contact, and neither do my closest friends so that's what I'm used to.)
    So um, the girl who's now closer to me than we were at the beginning of this ~situation... we were in the corridor with other people from our class and she abruptly came to me and started braiding my hair and complimenting it. We barely knew each other back then, which struck me. My closest friends don't even do that... I didn't think further but still kept this in mind. The following week in class (after the conversation with my professor) she rested her head on my shoulder, twice in the same afternoon (and I've noticed she's often done that these past few weeks). She also grabbed my hands several times to check my watch but I do know she has a phone and could have checked what time it was on her phone (she keeps on doing that). This confused me a lot. I found out we had acquaintances in common and decided to try and know more about her — I ended up finding out she was gay, and at some point when leaving class we (well, I wasn't) were talking about orientation and she revealed she was gay. Since then, I've tried to drop hints but as I'm not really comfortable with my orientation for now, it's never been concrete.
    We've got closer, and I feel really comfortable with that, although I'm not sure how I should think of her. She always seems to send some sort of signs (maybe I misinterpret that though)... and I'd really like to try something, like resting my head on her shoulder, but I can't seem to find enough courage to do that.
    We laugh a lot, usually over pointless things (or private jokes).
    Once she touched my belly out of the blue and I'm ticklish, so it really took me by surprise. Recently, we were in a corridor waiting for a class, she started walking towards the classroom, stopped and faced me, then sort of grabbed my face, stared at me and smiled... and more recently, we gave each other friendly kicks — she started — while insulting each other (still in a friendly way). I often find myself thinking about her in general, and her as more than a friend. I'm really confused because I have no idea if she's dropping hints that she's interested or if I'm completely paranoid. Oh and if that helps, I'm pretty sure she is single.
    I don't know what else I could say since that's basically it. If you have any advice, or things to say... I'll take it.

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Maybe you have to talk to her. Some things have to be said not to be indicated. But I'm happy for you! When you like her and she likes you (what's obviousley) then there should be no problem to sort it out together:slight_smile: Good luck:grin:

3. grumpyb18

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, thank you for your advice, and thanks for being happy for me! :3 I'm gonna try and put things into words then. D: I don't really know how I'll handle that at all but I'll try anyway.
    But if you think she does like me, that reassures me a bit.
    Thank you! :slight_smile:

4. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Of course she does like you. Otherwise would she be treat you this way? No:grin:

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2014 at 01:34 AM ----------

Woops, wanted to write: ...would she treat..:grin: