1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy About Trying on Dresses with Brother's Fiance

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by twospiritlycan, Mar 28, 2014.

1. My brother's fiance was looking for the right dress for her wedding. I wasn't to open about being feminine to her until we shared an interest for Corsets. Today was spent trying on all sort of various clothing and she was so excited of how I easily looked like a girl. She want to bring me along a lot of her trips to try on and find dresses.

My problem is that I'm scared of trying on women's clothing at the stores in public, but she told me that She'll be with me so it won't be as weird as other people might think it would. I really want to go out and do it but I feel scared and shy. It's like the thing holding me back.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, its much easier with someone else with you. I'm not saying it isn't scary, but having that one other person you trust to focus on makes a big difference.

Go with her if nothing else, if you really can't bring yourself to try anything on then it's not the END of the world, but at least you gave yourself the opportunity!

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's true; it's easier when someone supportive and nice is with you. At least try :slight_smile: worst case scenario is that you have to stand around it dress shops all day. It could be worse. And if you're comfortable around her I think it should be fine. It may be scary at first but once you get more used to it I think it should be ok :slight_smile:

4. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should still go with her. See how you feel when you get there. You may think, what the hell, and start trying on things and enjoying it. Or even if you don't want to, at least you can be there to support your friend. Also, some of the shops may have nice private changing areas, so you may still be able to do it with some privacy.
    At the end of the day,you should be yourself but not do anything you are not comfortable with. If she is a true friend, she will support you either way.

Happy days :slight_smile:

5. If you guys put it like that, then I might as well go along with her. :slight_smile: