1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Thylia, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Thylia

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was in a relationship but on our 8th month anniversary my girlfriend broke up with me. We had both been talking about breaking up for a while, we didn't fight or anything, we just drifted apart and we didn't really talk much at the end so we thought it was for the best. I loved her and we would write letters, pass notes and sneak kisses, the typical stuff before that. It was just during the holidays that emails stopped happening. Partly because her mother was a bit of a homophobe and hated her talking to me so she would try to stop her from sending me messages. Also because we started talking to our other friends rather than each other.

It's been two months and we have had exactly one conversation in that time and it was work related. Her birthday just passed and I really miss her, I don't think we could ever get back together but I do want to be friends with her again. I want to give her a present and try to start talking to her but I don't want to give off the wrong message. Rather than a "I want you back," I just want it to be "can we try to be just friends?"

Any advice?