1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budding Relationship? Advice needed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LostLaura, Mar 29, 2014.

1. LostLaura

Out Status:
    A few people
    I met a girl recently through an online dating site. We've since then exchanged numbers and we've been in contact over a month now. We've video chatted, swapped pics, flirted etc. She's legit. We get along really well, I think we may even be too much alike but I am kinda at the point where i'm irritated/annoyed a little by her. The reason being is that she wants talk a lot and we msg each other constantly, we spent almost 6 hours on the phone the first night just talking but I like my space, I need my space and if I don't reply she thinks i'm ignoring her. I don't like to be on the phone all the time, I don't like to be msging constantly especially when i'm out spending time with my friends or even at work. I feel like she's pulling me away from my life and getting me sucked into hers and I don't like it. Does this mean i'm not into her as I thought? If so, how do I break it off? I don't want to hurt her feelings and part of me thinks i'm scared to start something and another part is screaming saying she's not right for you...so what do I do? Clearly i'm not so good at these things....

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you have a big issue here, just be honest with her and tell her what you've told us (with the more negative stuff removed). If she's a reasonable person, she will understand.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey maintaining a healthy life is important. The best thing you can do is be honest with her. Tell her you like chatting to her etc and you would love to continue to get to know her but that you don't like to be on your phone etc when you are meeting friends and at work. She may accept this and she may not but if she doesn't then it's not meant to be. You can't change who you are so if she can't accept the space you need then it won't work out long term anyway.

4. LostLaura

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup, you are both very right...& I think I knew this I just didn't want to admit it cause I don't think she will understand. Thanks to both of you for the advice.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she doesn't then that is her loss. There are plenty more fish in the sea.

6. IG88

Be up front about how it's nice to have each other's space. That it's ok to go a day without contact, it doesn't mean that you don't like her anymore. Trust me, too much of anything is bad...another person, ice cream, sun...

Maybe switch main communication to text, that way you can answer each other when you're available.

7. setnyx

yep there are plenty of fish out here. some i've found though are very clingy and need someone so bad it's scary. good luck.