1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexpected Obstacle :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PurpleGrey, Mar 29, 2014.

1. PurpleGrey

So, I went with my sister to a local play, and while I was there, I immediately saw this beautiful girl across from me, and I became mesmerized! I couldn't help staring like a creeper during the whole performance. I tried to at least smile at her, but my default expression is a bitchy scowl or a stoic, serial killer, blank stare. I am scary. I don't smile.

But that's not even the worst part. For once, I had the confidence to introduce myself after the show, but then, after I gave my name and got hers, which I forgot, damn me, I couldn't think of anything to say! I can't imagine how I could have overlooked such an important part of landing a girl, but here I am, screwed out of a chance with a girl by my own social incompetence.

And yeah, I could've said something about the play to start conversation, but honestly, even in hindsight, I can't think of anything. My mind was a blank.

But I can't be too bummed, I mean, I'm getting closer to being able to find dates. What I need to do is plan out what I can say before I even get out there. Even so, I am disappointed that I screwed up my chances with such a catch! I don't know. Anybody got any pointers?

2. emkorora

emkorora Guest

It helps to look on the bright side. :slight_smile: You might not have caught her, but you got some more experience! Every little bit helps, and when the time is right and you know what to say, you can appreciate all the "stepping stones" leading up to it that helped you.