1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like I deny myself more than others.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wolf123, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel stuck more than my own family. I have come out to the main people I have listed and they have said that they are proud of me. The issue is I feel indifferent still. I feel like why the hell did I have to be the one who is lesbian? I have issues with relationships because one I am not out to all and well I am scared to say anything to all because then it will become a reality to me. I think some people may have a clue that have met me, but not too sure. I think the most difficult part is not knowing anyone who is gay/lesbian too. I have spoken to my mother about my feelings for a girl and still feel weird talking to her about it. She will ask me what I see in the girl and never really know how to answer besides that I just have feelings. I also still find myself hiding simply because if I see someone who looks really beautiful I will just keep it to myself as opposed to some people who can just yell it to the world. Overall, it sucks. I also don't have the greatest self confidence since well I hide from the world especially people who get close to me. With time does the acceptance kick in? I ask this because in a way I accept myself, but in another way I feel like crap.

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I think first you have to accept yourself. That takes time but that's different from human to human.
    You don't have to be lesbian. You don't have to label yourself.
    You like girls? Ok then. Say it like that.
    Be yourself. I can't say it too often. The first steps to do anything are to be yourself, to accept yourself and then just go. Get the goal!
    Hope this helped:slight_smile: Good luck! And don't give up hope!

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was on the fence with telling people and my doctor I spoke to this last week made the same point. She said why put a label on yourself, you like girls. Why not just say you are a human being who just happens to like girls. It is strange when people say who cares when I say I like girls (not many know) since I expect them to hate me so. Like you said I need to learn to accept myself before anything. Thank you for your response. Have a great evening.