1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding relationships?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EctoBiologist, Mar 30, 2014.

1. EctoBiologist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so I've been trying to find a relationship for a while, without any luck, there aren't any other gay/bi/etc. people in my area that I know of and long distance stuff is out of the question, any advice?

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... if you're in a rural area with no LGBT groups, your options are hookup/dating sites, moving to a different area, or just waiting it out.
    :/

3. revi

revi Guest

I was actually just about to make a thread about "Small Town Gay Syndrome" but decided against it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You certainly aren't alone, but after 2 years I decided who cares. Just enjoy your youth relationships can come later. :grin:

Then again I hadn't really considered the possibility that you are older because younger people generally have this problem. But if you are older I suppose you could try dating sites, or going out to somewhere where you may have a better chance of finding someone. Even if there are no gay hotspots around you could always just plan a trip to one. Again I only advise this if you are older.

#3 revi, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  4. Saint Otaku

I can only recommend the obvious and likely out-of-reach options: GSA, LGBT bookstore, &c.

I suppose my only helpful--if even that--piece of advice is not to try to find a "relationship", but try to find "people" in hopes of finding that "person." To paraphrase Owen's godlike and glorious thread, "Friends first!"

5. Lil Shorty

It is hard to find a real relationship when your not in a lgbt community but if you wait love will find you. Are you open about your sexuality ?