1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Dad doesn't support gay marriage

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dd1, Mar 30, 2014.

1. dd1

dd1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Basically as it says in the title my dad doesn't support gay marraige, at all, and feels the need to bring it up any opportunity he has.

The other day we were watching tv just me and him and something came on the daily interests show about it's legalization that day and once again he voiced how he felt. Before I have debated with him about it and it's become quite heated within our family but that time I didn't say anything, I felt bad about this, if I can't stand up for myslef what kind of person am I, but at the same time with just the two of us I didn't want a fight. I feel like this is his way of venting some sort of frustration but it seems an unnecessary plain attack.

And what if one day I want to get married, I'm no where near that now but I honestly feel like if I was, at the moment he wouldn't even show up!

Rant over

2. confusedandi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sorry sweetie, my parents don't agree with it either but hopefully our parents will come around

3. yogurt

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I totally feel you.
    Whenever anything LGBT related things come out on TV or the newspaper, my parents would talk about how disgusting it is..
    I know that once I come out, they are not going to accept it and maybe kick me out;;
    so I'm just enjoying the peaceful times we have together right now. ;d

4. dd1

dd1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wrote them a letter tonight saying exactly how I felt, hopefully they will be okay with it, everyone else in my family has been just waiting to hear from them

5. Theron

Neither did mine. Just remember you'll probably outlive them and then what they think doesn't matter anymore!