1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling for Her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SpreadMusic, Mar 30, 2014.

1. SpreadMusic

Hey there! I'm new to this site but I need some helpful advice. To start, I'm 21 years old and I'm a lesbian. I've known I was ever since I was little but I truly realized when I was 17. I've only recently come out to some family and friends so this is all pretty new to me. Ok, enough about me. A little over two years ago, during my second semester of college, I met this incredible human being. She is funny, down to earth, has a great personality and she is breathtakingly gorgeous. But wait, there's a catch: she's my professor! I know, I know you probably have read a lot of these "I'm in love with my professor" stories but I really need help here. I've completely fallen for this woman over the past two years. I would NOT be writing this if I didn't think that there was something between us. Ever since I met her, I have felt something there and as time went on, it only got stronger. So, she totally knows I have a thing for her. I'm usually quiet in class but outside of class is when I usually talk to her. One time, I was sitting across from my friend who also had a little crush on the same professor and as she was walking towards us, I told my friend that she was coming. I usually joke with her so she didn't believe me (her back was against the professor) and so I kept telling her to turn around and once she did, she looked right at the professor and then back to me and I gave my friend the "oh my god how beautiful is she" look. Long story short, the professor noticed and she looked right at me and smiled/laughed so naturally, I gave her a wave as my face was bright red. Ever since that, I noticed that she is always smiling at me. When she walks by she always smiles at me, she laughs at my dumb jokes, she eats the cupcakes I make her (funny story), she always is just a little bit too close when helping me with an assignment (not complaining). So here it is. She's perfect and I'm in love with her. I know you can't obviously really believe that I am just from this post but I think I truly am. Also, I know that it may not seem (just from this post) that she has anything for me but there's more to it. More than I could ever put into words. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that she's a bit older... Ten years older. I don't even know if she's a lesbian, but she's single and has been since the day I met her. She's a feminist and she's an all around amazing person. Basically, I love this woman and I'm graduating this semester and I will no longer see her. It hurts to even think about it. I care for her so much and no matter what I do, she's always on my mind. What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to just move on without knowing what could have been? Do I risk embarrassing myself (and her for that matter) if she doesn't feel the same way? I'm extremely shy when it comes to this stuff but I know that even when I graduate she will still be on my mind. What should I do? Am I supposed to just move on and forever wonder what could have been? Thoughts?

2. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She could be lesbian, straight or bi, but the best way to find out is to talk to her. She's going to be going away anyway, what do you have to lose?

3. SpreadMusic

I know I'll probably never see her again, but it's the thought that I may actually run into her sometimes that scares me. I really care for her and I don't want to scare her away even if I may never see her again because we've gotten really close over the last 2 years. When she thinks about me, I want it to be good thoughts, not "the lesbian who was in love with me." I'm also a very shy person when it comes to feelings.Thanks for your advice!

4. revi

revi Guest

Well i don't mean to scare you or anything BUT there ARE A LOT MORE STORIES ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING OLD AND REGRETTING NEVER ASKING PEOPLE THEY'RE INTO IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF THEM GOING OUT so scared or not it's better than regretting it.

5. Ghostinthelight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really depends I've told everyone I ever loved that way that I loved them and it's only worked out well once. In only one case do I regret it and I truly truly regret it or would have pushed it back and told her years and years later instead of when I did. To SPREADMUSIC: Maybe first test the waters and just ask how she feels about gay people?

6. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was going to suggest the same thing.

In order to achieve anything you must be brave enough to fail. : Kirk Douglas

You got to be brave. If you feel something, you've really got to risk it. : Mel Brooks

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience. : Paulo Coelho

Who dares wins :S.A.S. motto

#6 sldanlm, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  7. SpreadMusic

Thanks for the replies you guys! I'm positive that she has no bad feelings about gay people. I'm 95% sure she knows I'm gay since she saw me gawk over her that one time. (Lol) There was also a boy in my class who shared with everyone that he was transgendered and it didn't phase her at all. I want to be brave and tell her how I feel it's just the fear of rejection that gets me.