1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not A Family Person

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ZenMusic, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I feel really bad about this. Like most teenagers, my room is my safe haven, and I don't really like other people coming into it. So I have two brothers, and everytime they come in my first reaction is to tell them to go away. I've done it with my little brother now, and my Dad (who quite obviously had not changed when he said he was)has called me disguusting and said to my autistic little brother (who doesn't understand what he was saying) that he should stay away from me. I will admit that he wasn't doing anything not doing anything to me, but I wanted to be alone. What should I do now?

Relating to the title of this post, the only person I can actually talk to about anythingnow is my oldest sister, who actually listens to what I have to say. I try to bite my tongue around my parents, but it hurts me when I have to act like the adult when my parents won't. I really can't wait to move out and get the hell away from them. I don't know I just feel like I don't like being around most of my family. Is there something wrong with me or am I just being a typical teenage brat?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there something wrong with me or am I just being a typical teenage brat?

Neither of those things are true.

If your descriptions of your home life are in any way accurate then your family are awful and I don't blame you for wanting to leave.

There's nothing wrong with wanting your own space. Hell I'm 23 and still have to remind these bastards that my room is MY SPACE and they need to keep the hell out of it.

3. Okiagari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am the same with my room. It is like sanctuary for me~
    However, I have a good family life, I just like my space and that is perfectly okay.
    My only suggestion is to be kind to your little brothers and tell them to leave in a kind manor. You do not want them to grow up feeling like you don't want to be around them. I'm not saying that's how or what you feel but to a child, it can easily come off that way.