1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me with this??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by nametaken01, Mar 31, 2014.

1. nametaken01

Hi,

I used to work with a woman briefly before leaving for a different position, she is in her early thirties and I am twenty. I am out and she knows that I am interested in women, but I am unsure of her sexuality.

When I used to work with her, one of her coworkers commented that she acts very different around me (he was interested in her at that time). I took this to mean that she acts very friendly and happy around me, as when I had first met her (and also based on what others have said about her) she is very distant, introverted, and uninterested in interacting with other people. She also looks very serious, professional and like she is slightly annoyed (I haven't seen this persona though in a long time now). When she gave me a lift home on one occasion, all of our coworkers were openly surprised at this as she had apparently never done this for anyone else.

Since leaving that job several months ago, I sometimes return as a customer, and it has become increasingly friendly between us, to the point that I am wondering if there could be signs of mutual interest. I am worried though that she is simply being friendly towards me or is leading me on (If she was oblivious to my interest in her though, I would be very surprised).

For example:
    We often look at each other from across the room (I always look away first) and it is a big bloody room LOL. Once I caught her looking at me from behind a tall object - the unsure part of me suggests this could have been a coincidence that she and I looked at each other at this time. On a couple of occasions (including when I worked with her) I saw her turn full around to look at me.
    We almost routinely look at each other from across the room when she leaves at the end of her shift.
    When we interact with each other, we are grinning constantly, and it feels like we are looking at each other so intently in the eyes. It looks like her eyes are more alight and wider (not in a weird, immediately obvious way though). As we interact, I have noticed that neither of us make eye contact with any one else, only breaking eye contact when someone else interrupts our conversation - only to revert our eyes back onto each other. I feel that when we interact, we are almost leaving other people out - which felt more noticeable when there was just one other person standing with us.
    We have, on a couple of occasions, complimented each other's appearance - my on her new top and her on my hair. Recently when I told her I felt tired she immediately responded by looking at me really intently, whilst smiling widely, and told me repeatedly that I never look tired and always look fresh (I was on a natural high all night after that - it was mainly the way she said it though, the way she smiling at me and looking all over my face - I would be surprised if she complimented a guy she was uninterested in like that).
    She has also hinted at changing her work schedule to bump into me, as I used to come to her workplace on a different day to her shifts. I initially interpreted it as a joke, but she had sounded serious).
    She also initiates small talk with me.

Do you think she is interested or just being friendly? I find it difficult to differentiate when I am interested in someone, as it seems so much of normal female interaction is built upon what could be seen as flirting if between man and woman, e.g. compliments. I would have expected a straight or simply interested woman to feel irritated at being looked at repeatedly by another woman, and I certainly wouldn't expect her to compliment me given that we interact like that. Then I wonder if I am being led on (given the ten years or so between us).

#1 nametaken01, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014