1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So,I came out to my crush!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by William, Mar 31, 2014.

1. William

Okay so yesterday around 6:00 pm yesterday on an instant messenger app called "Kik." Now I expected the worse but got the response I was hoping for,that he already figured it out. His response was,"So you finally came out with it huh?"

Anyways it kind of blizoggled me when this dialogue went on (his name is Adam):
    Adam: Guess what?
    Me: What?
    Adam: I thought I said guess
    Me: You're gay too
    Adam: No, keep guessin'
    Me: You're nice?
    Adam: Lol nope
    Me: What is it?
    Adam: Well my brother is going on his senior trip and it's going to get crazy?
    Me: What are you going to have some hot girls over :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Adam: Idk but I'm going to have the room all to myself

Could that be a signal that he wants me over? He likes me back?

Any help would be great,thanks!

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, congrats on coming out to your crush! With the exception of your parents, I think that's probably the most difficult person to tell, particularly if you don't know or expect that he's also gay. :slight_smile:

It seems unlikely that he's hinting that he's gay a minute or so after telling you that he isn't, but I suppose it's possible that he's bisexual (you didn't ask him that specifically :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) or at least a little bit curious or horny. I don't think he'd be bringing up anything remotely sexual so soon after you came out to him if there isn't a small level of interest or at the very least he's extremely comfortable with the fact that you're gay (which is the most likely considering his reaction when you told him).

Either way I think you should be pretty happy with where you stand. Try not to get your hopes up too high since the odds of him returning your feelings probably aren't great, but the worst-case scenario of having an awesome and accepting friend is certainly not a bad consolation prize. :slight_smile:

3. johnnyr860

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you never want to jump to conclusions and just assume because I did this a few times back when I was still single and regretted it made a big mistake there for assuming that some guys I had seen I thought were gay and they were not gay at all and nor where they hinting me that they wanted me even though I thought they did.

So with this use precaution just to be safe. Just because he said he was going to have the room all to himself means nothing. Unless he told you that he is gay we should not assume so and perhaps he was telling you that he had not made plans yet so he has no idea what he is expecting to do.

If he comes out to you or says that he is interested in you then this is cause to make a move by telling him how you feel about him. But until then I wouldn't suggest just assume that he is interested or gay until you know for sure and from what you describe here we would need a more obvious signal to tell that he is indeed interested. But I congratulate you on coming out and I wish you all the best with him :slight_smile:

4. William

Thanks for both of the responses! I guess only time will tell. I didn't expect him to be gay in the first play or bi.

5. superspyguy

superspyguy Guest

Any news :grin:?

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great!!

Ask him if he wants to do anything while his brother is away... like a sleepover or something :wink: but only if he doesn't ask you first.

7. William

Not yet but I'll be updating eventually

And will do white

8. William

I didn't talk to him at all,but this weekend I should be seeing him before I fly out to go visit the high school I'm going to (boarding). I'm not sure how it'll be considering I just came out to him,hopefully it won't be as awkward as I think it will be. Next week is his spring break and he's usually there with his mom and when he's there we talk a substantial amount,especially when we're in her office alone.

So nothing exciting today,but tomorrow is a new I guess :grin: