1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get her out of my head! Help?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LonelyPond, Mar 31, 2014.

1. LonelyPond

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So to make a very long story short, I need help getting over my obsession(probably not the right word) with my best friend. I've liked her since I was 13 and it wasn't until high school that I realized that I saw her differently than all of my other lady friends. Although we do connect very well when we hang out, I feel like my feelings are mainly just sexual. I don't see ourselves being in a committed long-term relationship. We click when we see eachother but we rarely see or contact each other. Considering that I'm not intimate at all and pretty conservative, it's one of those, "If I were to have someone go down on me, it would be you..." kind of thing. But I literally cannot stop thinking about her. It's almost to the point that I can't consentrate on anything. I'm always sad when one of us leaves. I was heart broken the moment I met her boyfriend, as amazing as he is. And the fact that I get so wierd around her, it has been hurting our friendship.
    I don't know how she feels about me outside of being a friend. I mean she does jokingly flirt with me, but sometimes she get really deep and it throws me off. I don't know, I'm just tired of trying to figuring it out. So I'm not even sure if I should even tell her how I feel. I just want things to go back to normal so we can best friends again. If not, so that I can be more productive. I'm away on an internship but I'm still crazy about her and I head back home in less than two months. Any thoughts?
    -by conservative I mean I'm not flirtatious.

2. Clay

I'm in an incredibly similar situation with a boy I know. To ask you most of the responses I got:

Why don't you just tell her you like her?

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've found myself in the same situation before, and what I've found works for me is to just stop thinking about them.
    Honestly, you do have some control over what you think about.

In the past, I've just made myself busy enough with things so that my mind doesn't really have time to drift to thinking about that person.
    If you're bored and don't have a job however, I can see how it'd be easy to dwell on anything.

It might be different for you, but I just ignore my thoughts about them. It's not a big deal if I'm thinking about someone, so I try not to make it a big deal.