1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do if...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Etak, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Etak

You were a fifteen year old that has been hanging out with a group of college students for a while, but not everyone in the group knew your age. Well, say there was one guy that was always really friendly to you and always made a point to hug you goodbye. Well, say that he then started hugging you hello and asked you for your number. You say sure and give him your number, maybe because you didn't quite realize what was going on, or maybe you did, and kind of liked the attention. After you give him your number, he starts flirting really obviously. You, being insecure and socially awkward, say nothing because it's kind of cute and you don't think that he's serious. But then he texts you, and it sounds like he wants to go out on a date, but you're unsure if that's what he means. How would you handle the situation from there?

Seriously, out of the whole room of girls to like, why did he have to pick the fifteen-year-old potential lesbian? He's a really nice guy, and I don't want to hurt him. Obviously I'm not going to go out with him, as I'm way too young and he's not even the right gender. But I don't know what to say to him now. :/

#1 Etak, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  2. revi

revi Guest

Simply tell him it's not gonna happen. No reason to lead him on and he hasn't even gone on one date with you yet. It's not gonna hurt him and if it does not badly. So end as quickly as possible.

3. IG88

Slam on the brakes. Shift to reverse. Back up away from him. I wonder...do you look older than you actually are? It sounds like you're mature for your age. But still, a guy (in his 20s?) liking a 15 year old...you may want to stay away from him altogether.

Or, you could still hang out with that group of people, him included. Either way, you have to tell him your age (study his reaction), and that dating is not an option right now (if you don't like him at all, then make it known that dating would never be an option).