1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being only child, same sex attraction, and wanting kids

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by konsealed, Apr 2, 2014.

1. konsealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, are any of you the only child and bisexual/gay or know someone who is bi/gay and only child? Its an awful feeling.

Do any of you feel out of the loop, deprived, guilty, or bad in some sense about not having biological kids yet, if u don't have any?

The reason why I'm asking is cuz I attended a lot of family events over holiday and I noticed that my cousins around my age on my dad side mostly have kids except one who is very big and the other two are in jail. I just feel so deprived and guilty that me being the only child and dealing with same sex attraction. Also I am a black male and most black families are very homophobic and anti-gay. It also doesn't help that my family on my dads side doesn't like my mom, keeps him in the "backseat" for family business, and my moms side doesn't like my mom. I was very quiet growing up and sheltered and over protected by my mom and I feel my family suspects me of being gay because how they treat me.

One gay dude I talk my issues with told me he feels my pain so much and glad he not in my shoes. He has a sister and she has four kids and he has two godkids so he said he has no interest in having kids. He told me to have a child even if I don't find a girl to marry because there is way too much responsibility and pressure on me being the only child. He told me to either knock up the girl I'm dating or find some gold digging chick to impregnate. He also said finding a naive girl would be ideal. He also said to find a girl with low self esteem, or one who is overweight, sheltered, dumb, slow or dumbfounded., He said a "suburban acting" black girl could work too. He said a regular urban black girl who is up on things wouldn't work cuz she would be able to tell if a dude is bi or gay. Also there are tons of black girls single cuz of lack of dateable black men.

I know some of you will express your disapproval of my post and not realize how bad the shoes I fill but imagine feeling out of the loop when all my cousins bragging about their kids. All their Facebook pics and bday parties and seeing the additions to the family. My dads family always treated my aunts kids better than me so I always felt like the black sheep. Plus my family dislike gay people and even treated my cousin who was a lesbian badly where she had a nervous breakdown and she even has two sons. She was married young for a short period then she lived the gay lifestyle for 20+ years afterwards.

I also want to have kids for myself so I can get the joys of being a parent. I just feel so deprived of this joy that my cousins have and CONSTANTLY post on facebook.

If you can relate to me....please post some advice.

2. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm basically in a similar boat. I actually think those with siblings can't quite appreciate the intensity of this kind of pain. When I came out to myself, the kids and family situation was uppermost in my mind and I just felt nauseous.

Deprived is a good word. Why do I have to be so unlucky?

You're bi, though? I would love to be bisexual, tbh. If you really are bi then you're lucky, if you want - you can find a girl and marry. Of course, it's not exactly advice that everyone will agree with, and choosing one gender just because of reproductive potential does seen a bit backward, but there it is.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand your concern. I'm also an only child. My parents had a lot of difficulty conceiving; I was born 8 years after they got married. My family is Indian, so there is a huge pressure to get married and have kids.

I don't think you should get with any random girl just to get her pregnant and have kids. Too choose someone because they are naïve is very bad; how would you like telling your future son/daughter you chose their mom because she was stupid? I think adopting a child or getting an egg donor would be a much better idea.

4. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an only child and bisexual/gay. I'm prolly too young to understand the problem. From what I read on the teen forums, usually siblings are a pain.

5. Thomas88

The Thickest Forest in the entire milky way
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm an only child too. I am still in the closet. I have been thinking about this problem and what I come up with is to have a kid by surrogate mother and adoption. There are only these choices, but I don't really like the adoption idea. I wanna have my own biological kids

6. Calix

I really don't get the hang up with biological kids .... Surely it's better to adopt and help children who might otherwise grow up without parents? You still feel like a parent and have raised a child. Yes, there's a chance when that child is old enough, they will want to find their real parents. But if you raised the kids right, they'll still consider you their parent and come back into your life. Just my opinion. Then again I'm trans, so adoption is kinda my main option I guess.