1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exiting LTR - Wanting to Date

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Booklvr2, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Booklvr2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    background: My partner and I have been together for 30 years (!) I've told her that the relationship is over, a fact she seems not to fully grasp. The complication is that we are raising our 2 adopted kids (ages 12 and 9) in the same house because
    1) we need kids to stay in their school district
    2) she has no money --- altho working full-time, she has MAJOR financial issues
    3) I cannot scrape together the $30,000 it would take to buy her out of the house because of course she wont consider selling it... which would be a problem for school (see #1)

SO --- I've been exploring online dating sites without much success. Many of the women are way too butch for me - either in looks or interests -- -and the one local woman who seems a good fit doesn't seem very interested in me. Due to our schedules, i have little opportunity to go out to meet women in other venues (and I hate bars anyway!) Oh, and that online dating stuff is making me feel very inadequate about my own appearance.

So while I feel liberated that i'm no longer trying to fix a dysfunctional relationship, I feel very sad about my prospects for love.