1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he into me, too?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RainbowGreen, Apr 3, 2014.

1. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've been crushing on a guy for a solid month. He's in my group of friends to which I did not say I'm gay (but gave hints). I've been trying to flirt like crazy with him by looking at him every chance I get and always choosing him as a partner in teamwork when I can. I think he knows I like him (seriously, who the hell starts giggling like a moron when someone smiles at them? I think I just put on captain obvious badge.)

Now, he subtly tells me how to flirt by saying things like ''you can get closer to people by trying to understand and share their passion''. He smiles at me quite often, too. Yesterday, though, he said something that would be so awkward if he does know I love him. It's really pervy, too... He said that he had strong jaw muscles because he plays saxophone while talking to a girl in our friend group. Then, he turns directly to me, looks me in the eye and says ''you know, gays have strong jaw muscles, too because of all the exercise they get.''

... I'm pretty sure he knows I have a big crush on him, which would make things very awkward if he just says that to me out of nowhere if he doesn't care for me.

What do you think? Is he closeted like I think?

2. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear friend

Oh my this is tricky. Your friend has shown signs of being gay yet I can not be sure. That is something very out of the blue to say. He certainly is acting like he does like you. If you think it's time to tell him then go right on a head, but if you don't think it's time then wait and learn some more about the guy. If you wish anything clarified or answered ask away my friend

Best of luck, good sir
    -Dex

3. Thomas88

The Thickest Forest in the entire milky way
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    uh oh I think that's a trap.

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I had to guess his orientation, I'd say bisexual. He manifests some interest towards girls (at least when I'm around), but at the same time, he doesn't really care that much about it. There was a period in which he would say the most stupid things to hint that he likes girls, but I don't know if he said it only to appear straight to me. Now, he stopped doing that.

Anyway, I need to find a way to talk to him alone to get to know him better without fearing that he'd say something else to pretend to our friends. If all else fails, I'll ask him out at our school's dance at the end of the year.

I don't know, he had tons of occasions to get a girlfriend because girls hit on him like crazy, but he refused every single one and didn't acknowledge that they had a crush on him. For me, I don't know if it's because I don't send him messages with a heart or because I didn't outright ask him, but he doesn't really mind me having a crush on him (if he really does know).

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Flirt back, get closer to him. Eventually you should get a better idea.

6. thrnvlpidj

Is he passionate about anything that you can understand or share?

7. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, he seems to really enjoy my ideas and often has the very same opinion as me. When he doesn't have the exact same opinion, he lets me explain myself and almost always change his mind for the same thing as me. Then, if I say something in the group, he will try to get others to notice what I just said (and I do the same with him). We also have a common interest in german so I tried to play on that a few times (I don't really share my passions much, but he knows I love languages).

8. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why don't you try to spend time with him outside of school with him and take it from there? People act really different when they're in/out of a certain place or in-front of certain people.

9. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was planning to ask him if he could teach me guitar, as suggested by a friend of mine. That would be my excuse to see him outside of school.

10. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's even better. You have a excuse and a reason to touch him now. Look at you being one step ahead.

But yea, ask for the lessons and do small talk. See how he feels about certain topics. Don't reveal your whole hand but show him your deck piece by piece.

11. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update:

This is getting very hard to deal with! He keeps on giving me subtle hints like looking at me every time he talks about gay people, showing me a ''gai-écoute'' (help line for gays) signet and just staring back at me when I stare at him (at least, I assume it's me he's looking at, I don't wear my glasses so I can't see his eyes).

I decided to ask a friend about it by asking her to come to my place. We'll see what she says about it. Also, I decided that the next time I see him connected on facebook, I'd start a conversation with him, no matter what. For the guitar, I'm keeping that for when he'll bring his to school, so it can seem more natural to ask him that. I swear, reading all this over, he really does seem to like me, and he sees me as any other guy, too! When I'll get him alone, I'll try summon the courage to ask him out.

12. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think with these signs, it's safe enough to make a move.
    The worst that can happen is that he says no and he turns out straight.

13. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's what I thought, too. I just need to find an occasion to do it, to be honest. I never see him alone. He's either gone with other friends or simply hanging with the group as a whole. I also need to think about how I'm going to go about it, seeing as I never acted on a crush before:grin: