1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever had a partner who...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NoMercyMercury, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Have you ever had a partner who didn't want to accept your sexuality or gender identity?

For example my boyfriend has trouble accepting that I date anyone and gender doesn't matter to me. He thinks because I'm with him that I'm magically straight.

A friend of mine had a boyfriend that "accepted" the fact that he wanted to transition, but yet when he started T, his boyfriend left him.

What did you do in your situation?

2. QueerQueen

Yes, back when I labeled myself bisexual I dated a girl who really didn't like it. She thought it meant more competition and that I could possibly fall for a guy and leave her. Which wasn't true and never happened, she said she didn't think she could be with someone who was bi.

It really sucks, ironically I came out as a lesbian a month or two later. He needs to accept you for who you are and if he cares enough about you then he should be able to put it past him imo.