1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you think he likes/d me??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tumbler, Apr 5, 2014.

1. tumbler

Okay guys, so this is my first post, and its late so I'm gonna (try) to make it short aha!:sleep:
    I'll start off with some basic details to give an overview:

I'm 16 years old, masculine, assertive, competitive and very ambitious (but sometimes a little quiet) at secondary school and I have kept my sexuality hidden for probably 2 and a bit years I'd say as this was when I first realised I didn't exactly feel about girls in the same way as other guys did. I'm a very active guy, and I love sports, I've been part of a sports club (for a specific sport) since i was 4 years old because I wanted to be a power ranger when I was a little kid ahahaha (off topic), so I guess I can say I'm rather nicely toned (not to be cocky). I guess cos of this some people have questioned my sexuality cos I haven't had sex with girls yet, and people are surprised when I say I haven't , and only some experience at parties through curiosity.

Anyways, I have liked this certain guy at school for a while:bang: I think he is INCREDIBLY HANDSOME and extremely cute, even though he started weightlifting so hes getting considerably muscular now. I CANNOT figure out his sexuality, and it's not so simple as we were never very close mates, more getting cosy with each other (as friends). He was in several classes with me in earlier years, apart from this year cos I'm now in 6th form and we chose different subjects, but there are many reasons why I think he could be, or might not be gay:

AGAINST: He's masculine, he acts as straight as ...Indiana Jones:shrug: You know he's just typically quite boisterous, footballer, little bit arrogant (but that's okay cos to me it seems like a cover up act). Over the years I've also heard him make a couple comments about some girls. He also made out with this girl at a party in October (but so have I so it isn't conclusive evidence right?)

FOR: Ok well for starters I get a vibe. Not because I like him and I wish him to like me, but I genuinely do get some vibe. I've liked a couple of other guys, but with them there genuienly is no vibe, unlike with *dan* (fake name):thumbsup:. Also, there have been a string of weird coincidences (let me say that I believe in God, so I believe God answers your prayers etc) that make me feel like there are signs. For example:
    1- I went to a footie match last year for the first time in my life with 2 friends, and out of ALL the seats in the stadium, mine ends up next to his!!! I didn't even know he was going, he went with another friend, and it was his first time going in a couple of years.
    2- I had an accident last year that left me on crutches and the make of the crutches happened to be his surname, which was written on the crutches! The accident was the day after the footie match thing!
    3- I went to the doctors earlier last year and he said he would give me another future appointment. Out of all the days possible it happened to be on *Dans* birthday.
    4- His bday happens to be the day after my grandma's, she was very very religious, and actually told my mum she was pregnant with me before my mum even knew because she had a dream about it. I guess you can tell me and my grandma had a strong emotional connection even though we lived on different continents(ok this doesnt relate too much)
    5-I once realised that we both used the same phrase "je ne sais pas" , which was weird cos I thought I was the only one that did that, and all my mates get annoyed when I say it but I say it anyways.

There are other coincidences but I've forgotten some:s There are logical reasons too:eusa_danc(!):eusa_danc For example, lack of female relationhips. Like I know he had one gf about 4 years ago, and that lasted a week only. Also I heard that he sucked off his friend when they were on holiday together that same year...:rolle: He's so sososososo attractive that i can't understand how he hasn't had sex yet...it doesn't make sense to me. Especially cos I know he, like me, has a strong libido! mMe and him have spoken about sex and related topics a lot before ...ill explain more in future posts but this is enough to keep you guys going and giving me your own welcomed and appreciated opinions:grin:

ps. I guess i struggled to keep this short aha!!

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That was a fun post to read. I like all the smileys, lol.

Now, your "FOR" list contains a lot of random coincidences that you only have determined significant because they involve Dan. That's not a bad thing, but you shouldn't use those as a basis for what's going on inside his head. What you really need to do is get on regular speaking terms with him and try hanging out specifically with him, preferably alone. Since you both like sports, you might invite him to go to some game, like another footie match.

Overall, if you first try to become friends first, you'll get a much better idea if he's just a friendly straight guy or may have more-than-platonic feelings for you. Trying to be friends will also make it less risky if he's just not interested than trying to be obviously flirtatious.

3. thrnvlpidj

There's nothing in your post to give a clue as to whether he likes you or not.

What was his reaction when you showed up in the next seat at the footie match?

Tell him you think the two of you have some kind of connection because of all the coincidences.

Ask him if the rumour you heard about him is true.

4. tumbler

Yeah thanks guys, tbh I did leave out a rather more significant event last night cos it was a bit complexed and I was tired, my first post was lacking some detail :grin:

Resu: We were friends in the past, but the only problem is that we barely see each other at school at the moment apart from walking in the hallways because we don't have the same subjects, it would be kinda weird just inviting him to footie (actually footie is the ONLY sport I'm bad at:eusa_doh:slight_smile:. And yeah I agree with the random coincidences comment, it just that every time these things happened I was like "OMFG ARE YOU F*UCKING KIDDING ME :dry:!! Actually we did plan to go and play tennis, and he texted me to go to my tennis club to play with him, and I said yeah, but then I broke my leg, so I was out of action for months!! Now the gap has been a bit long:icon_sad:

thrnvlpidj: Very true, but I've missed out some details that could make or break.......:icon_wink

Okay so just over a year ago there was a school interhouse tennis competition. I was competing, he was competing, we're in different houses. Anyways, there aren't enough courts for all the matches to be played at once, so usually one house rests as the others have singles as doubles matches. Anyways, during one of his singles matches at the very end of the courts, i went over and sat down to watch (from the side of the court) and he started playing worse and hitting the net etc. Afterwards he admitted to me that he only started playing bad when I came over to watch, so I must have made him nervous. Bear in mind he is sporty too and he doesn't get nervous during other sports, it was only when I was watching him play. That evening he texted me asking to go play, then a month later I broke my leg -.-

Another thing, this is more significannt! After I broke my leg I didn't go to school for like a month cos I was in a wheelchair, anyways, I facebooked him cos I missed him, and we started talking. Then he asked me how big my cast was and I sent a pic of it and he replied "ohh its massive, just like my wang!" He talks A LOT about his dick, especially around me, I feel. Anyways one thing lead to another, and since he had just started lifting, he was saying how his body is improving etc, and then he kinda sent me some pics of himself:thumbsup: Lets just say :eek: It was nice aha, then he was asking about my body, and if it was better than his, I kinda decided to return the favour and sent a pic back :***: So I guess you can say we've exchanged pics, he's trustworthy and so am I, so I'm not worried, also I have a nice body I guess so its not embarrassing.

There's other event I'm missing that I'll update with but for now I'll just jot them down so I don't forget and I'll write about them as they apply:wink:

5. tumbler

What was his reaction when you showed up in the next seat at the footie match?

thrnvlpidj: Yeah I forgot to say, everyone was kinda stunned including my friends, it was just the least unlikely thing, you often see people you know sitting around, but never right next to you, it was just astonishing really. I think everyone felt the same, but I kinda played it down tbh. Afterwards one of my friends also asked me why I was "blunt with Dan?" so I guess I was acting a little cold around him???! When I'm around him with others it makes me feel on edge, but when it's just me and him its more flirtatious:slight_smile:

6. thrnvlpidj

Did you spend thirty days wondering if you should accept his invitation and then break your leg so you would have an excuse?

You seem to be sending out "disinterested" signals.

Are you uncomfortable with your sexuality?

I think he likes you; give him a warmer shoulder.

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should invite him to play tennis, assuming your leg is better. He does seem to be a little proud about his appearance, but that can allow you to join in and give compliments without things being too awkward.

If you're really close and trust him, it would be best to come out to him at first (it's okay to say you're unsure). That would be the most direct way to signal you're open to having a relationship with a guy.

8. tumbler

Did you spend thirty days wondering if you should accept his invitation and then break your leg so you would have an excuse?

@thrnvlpidj I don't actually remember, at the time we were having school exams and I'm pretty sure I just said I was focusing on them, and I actually was geuinely busy the few weekends before I broke my leg so I couldn't :confused:

You seem to be sending out "disinterested" signals.

@thrnvlpidj yeah I did then I'll agree, but as my friends all know I am a BLUNT flirt. Today at the party I literally just talk to girls for a min or so and then ask "wanna make out?" They say yeah unless they have bfs or have just broken up. I have flirted with him. We once had this really cool truth or dare game which I'll explain in a longer post cos it's quite detailed and I hope its conclusive too you guys(!)

Are you uncomfortable with your sexuality?

@thrnvlpidj Actually no, I'm happy with myself how I am really, I know I can't change how I feel, I even prayed to feel differently when i was younger and when even God didn't change these feelings I just accepted it, but I am not very open about it apart from when I go partying and I blame alcohol on more "gay" behaviour. I was at a party tonight and got with some girls, but a friend also told me they was confused about their sexuality so I took up the opportunity to come clean and say I was confused too:eusa_shhh

---------- Post added 7th Apr 2014 at 01:50 AM ----------

@resu I can't invite him to play tennis now cos we have exams looming on the horizon which are important and we haven't spoken in a while, it'll have to wait til summer I think:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Yeahhh he's defo proud of his appearance, no reason why he shouldn't be he is ridiculously attractive, you know how each town has one guy thats drop dead gorgeous :eusa_doh: Yeah thats him:icon_wink: When he sent the pics I did compliment, I said "woah you have a really nice body, it was even good before you started lifting!" I also once complimented his hair and kinda stroked it when we were playing truth or dare together:icon_redf We aren't that close that I can come out to him, it would be a bit odd coming out to him cos he's just not in my friendship circle so much, which is why I found it weird that he liked a photo I was tagged in with some mutual friends at a party we went to last year that he didn't even go to or get invited to, it was just slightly unusual unless theres something there........:badgrin: I always just pictured I would take him out somewhere, flirt well, and just make it happen, cos I guess I have that effect on people when I want something, I don't beat around the bush:icon_bigg All I know after tonight's party is that out of all the girls I got with...none of them were like being with a cute guy...:rolle: