1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fight or Flight

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by XTREMEZish, Apr 6, 2014.

1. XTREMEZish

So lately things have been getting kinda difficult for me. My social life is crumbling. My family is tearing at each other, I feel very alone. All of that on top of the troubles of being a gay teenager makes it very difficult for me to get out of bed in the morning. I am not entertaining the idea of suicide or self arm but is it wrong to ask friends for help? I have never been really big on those sorts of things but I really want this to get easier.

Fight
    Stick it out on my own. Trudge through it.

Flight
    Get help from someone knowing I will find it awkward and risk it getting worse

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated

2. thrnvlpidj

If you think you can stick it out on your own and trudge through it that would make you a stronger person.

If it gets to the point where you don't get out of bed in the morning you will need some help.

Why is there a risk of it getting worse if you get help from someone?

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would not say getting help comes under flight. It's not like your running away from you problems. You just want a little support. Asking for help can take courage and shows you are willing to fight for what you want and believe. If they are real friends they will help you. You don't always have to stand alone. Remember, we are often stronger together.

Hope things turn out well for you,

Happy days :slight_smile:

4. Stingray

Stingray Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If your social life is crumbling you should try to connect with friends to keep it from crumbling further. Why is your family tearing at each other? Do you have a trusted relative outside your immediate family you can turn to?