1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, is this the right way of dealing with such a situation???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fabio, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Fabio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi there

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...

My situation is a but uncomfortable today because I am NOT overtly homosexual, I have NOT officially "come out" of the closet yet and I don't know if I ever will...

So I cannot talk about my homosexuality-related problems wih family or friends. That annoys me a lot.

I have recently fallen in love with a guy in my workplace. He is the archetypical straight guy. He cannot even conceive the possibility of a relationship between two guys. For him this is abnormal. Since I understood that such a love will always remain unrequited, I tried at first to be his friend. I started to talk a lot with him, what is unusual for me, cause I'm a very shy man. Sometime ago, however, he started to actually ignore me. I went and asked him what I had done to him, and he was frank and said that I was being a bit intruding. He said we were not intimate friends and things should remain so. I asked myself if he had realized I'm into him, but he did not tell me. He now treats me with such a dreadful indifference it makes me sad. I even think about quitting my job so I won't have to see him again. Because I'm madly in love with him snd his indifference makes me want to die.

So I have recently found out a way to forget this guy at least for a while. I have recently known BADOO. I have met a lot of nice, educated, handsome guys there. Some of them I would actually like to date- but haven't done it so far. Why? Because, as I said, I am a little shy. And I am actually afraid of meeting one of those men and not feel excited enough to sleep with them (so to speak). I am afraid the guy realizes I'm just trying to use him to forget another guy, even for a while...

So, is this how I shoul deal with such a situation? How would you deal? Has anyone here ever gone through such an ordeal??

2. Theron

I can't say I've been in your situation, but my fiance has been on the receiving end with a female friend of his.

I'm not sure what BADOO is, but unless it's meant for hooking up for sex, then don't rush into anything you don't feel comfortable to do. A NICE guy will wait for you, be patient for you.

You should most certainly be looking for new friends and diving into a DATABLE pool.

As for this unrequited love, don't interact any more than you have to. You can't make anyone be your friend and if space is what he wants, give it to him. Someone at work I don't like has tried a little too aggressively to be my friend, and I'm just not comfortable around him for various reasons...sometimes you just don't like people, for no really good reason.