1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking my friends Heart

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by UnknownNerd, Apr 7, 2014.

1. UnknownNerd

I was talking to a friend about my sex orientation. And it turned out she had a huge crush on me for about 4 years. :eek:

Now she is sad, and depressed. We're still friends, and we still talk. She is just sad and no longer the lively person she used to be.

I know she is grieving. What are the stages of grieving? And what should I do in this situation? Thank you for your help.

---------- Post added 7th Apr 2014 at 07:57 PM ----------

*sexual orientation, not sex orientation.

Sorry, typed that wrong. And it's been more than 15 minutes. No editing.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the fact that she told you is a good sign... it meant she's not so depressed that she couldn't talk about it and obviously could accept your orientation. Be there when she needs support, but, as she's getting over you, try not to be spending TOO much time with her, or she might continue to be attached.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The stages of grieving are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. You might try to help her look for someone else, preferably a straight guy who can return her feelings. I agree that you don't want to spend too much time since you're also one source of her pain.