1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by badwolf4, Apr 7, 2014.

1. badwolf4

So lost!! I am lost as to whether he is straight or not!!

Guys! So yeah, I'm not new to crushing on straight guys, but I've managed to avoid them now and steer away. Except for one guy, because we work together as part of a hall council. I know he likes women because he's spoken about them, has a poster of a huge ass on his wall and perhaps might like one of my friends. We also ended up partying on Valentine's day together, where at some point I couldn't help but shoot glances at him and I'm sure he saw me looking at him. I recall one instance where he glanced sideways and looked at me (perhaps feeling my eyes on him) but he also was scolding a friend for having forgotten to bring the girls. At some point he came back into his room with a bunch of girls (we had left his place to go to a party separetly because I had to change, he texted: back at my room. They ended up coming here if you want to come back" but then once I got to his room he texted me saying "Sorry They [his friends] left. They're really drunk. Like REALLY drunk Its ridiculous", but he wasn't in his room since I had knocked. For some reason I went towards his common room and ended up chatted with another friend for a while until finally I got up and made my way to the elevator and that's when I saw a bunch of girls going into his room. He saw me but we never said anything.

The reasons I'm asking if there might be something:
    1. Most times after a meeting, we just stay for a bit and talk. He usually tells me a it more about his life (some childhood stuff). I actually once asked him, since he grills, if he could come to my birthday party, and he said he'd see if he could and he did. At the party, I stood with him outside while he grilled and he told me more about himself, and we were getting along fine. Then later that night, I happened to stand by his chair and he suddenly got up and said he had to go. He forgot his grilling tools (he brings them always) and when I returned them later that night, he couldn't believe that he'd forgotten them (he never had before).
    2. One night we had to go to a meeting for a funding. He texted me to come up to his room so we could go over it quickly. He had just showered, and I just stood by his bed as he went in and out of the bathroom and then finally stood by a drawer to the side of the bed, a bit of a distance between us. Later, as we walked to the place he was telling me about someone (called them a hermit) and then when I asked a question about the "hermit" he started laughing, saying he liked how I used "hermit" and he just laughed for a bit.
    3. Yesterday, after another meeting, he asked me how my week was going (workload) and then he told me a bit about a paper he is writing, a political one and we began to talk about some issues (political). At first we had to leave the room, since a meeting was about to start, so we spoke in the halls for a bit. I started talking a bit about my personal life, and at one point he looked at me and told me it left him speechless (and he rarely gets like that) and he thought it was very touching. As we were conversing, I kept looking at him a lot and he was too. But I don't know if he was just really just "chatting" or if there might be more to it. I think he knows (or might suspect) that I like him, but I don't know for sure, nor if his being so friendly and talkative and telling me all these things is just how he is. A lot of his friends are very "bro-like" but he doesn't really act like one (although maybe preppy).

So basically (and sorry for the long message, but) while a large part of me firmly believes he's straight, part of me thinks he might be bi or at least curious and I don't know what to do. Of course, after this Wednesday, our final event will be done and I doubt we will have anymore meetings so it's very unlikely that we speak as much since we have different circles and outside of hall council, I usually only see him at the gym or at the dining hall. Could he possibly be interested or am I seeing too much into this? I appreciate any feedback, and thank you in advance!

#1 badwolf4, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to tell since he could just be a friendly straight guy, but you should first find out how homophobic, or not, he is. Since he talks about politics, you could ask his opinion on a LGBT issue.

If you talk about personal relationships, you can discuss your "possibly bi" status and see how he responds. Most nice straight people will be honest and say they are straight and not think about it too much. It's really only those who are questioning who will be more serious, even if they identify as straight.