1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if she likes me...help?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IWillNowHugChu, Apr 8, 2014.

1. IWillNowHugChu

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So my bff and I are super close and sometimes it feels like she likes me. I'm 16 and she just turned 17. I've liked her since I first saw her, but I never said anything. Anyway, she always does and says things as if she's my girlfriend like calling me her wife, holding my hand over her shoulder in class (she sits in front of me), sitting on my lap, hanging onto me whenever we're close, and calling me babe and cutie. And when she hugs me she stands on her toes since I'm taller, wraps her arms around my neck, and presses her entire body against mine. Normally I'm the first to pull away but I kinda don't want to because I like holding her. We text a lot almost everyday and she constantly tells me she loves me which I love hearing her say, but that also kind of frustrates me since idk how she means it. A few of my friends that know of my feelings say that we're cute together. All this may sound great but I think she's straight because she always has a boyfriend and her last one (she's single now) really broke her heart. I'm very protective of her so you can see how I felt about that situation, and I try to be there whenever she needs someone( so like, a lot). Basically I'm in love with her but in the friend zone, and I don't know what to do to... it hurts to see her with these guys, but at the time they make her happy and all I want is for her to be happy, even if it's not with me.

Sorry this is so long :/ any advice?

2. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that is the problem with girls. Often they are really close and very touchy-feely... holding hands, hug each other, cuddle, and these things.

Can't tell whether she is interested in more than friendship or not. But she likes you.

From my experience I know, it could be worth it to just risk something.
    I have some female friends that considered straight/I thought they were straight but actually are not completely. With two of them I was in a situation where I wanted to kiss them and just tried it. Both times it worked :grin: With one friend I also tried to go for a kiss (I had no feelings for her, just liked her and in the situation I wanted to kiss her) and she rejected it. But it really changed nothing with our friendship, still friends :slight_smile:

So maybe because of my positiv experiences I'm pretty optimistic in such situations (And I'm in general confident, direct and honest).

So, why you don't just go for a kiss? :icon_wink
    I imagine this situation when she hugs you, standing on her toes with her arms around your neck, her body close to yours and she looks in your eyes...and then you just try to kiss her.
    Maybe she likes it and is happy that you made this step.

Or also possible she totaly rejects it and is shocked. But as your best friend she should understand you and shouldn't let this stand between you and your friendship.

Worst case: she ends the friendship, but this would be sooo stupid...

But I can't help you. You have to decide for yourself whether you want to risk something or not.

3. lawRAWR

I am in the exaaaaaact same situation as you right now. It is the most frustrating thing ever! I thing you should probably risk it and ask her if she likes you in that way. Because you might regret it at some point. I highly doubt you would lose the friendship if she takes it offensively or the wrong way, and if she does that is truly unfair