1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I possibly screwed up big time... What can I do??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gentlady, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got together with my (ex)boyfriend in January, though I liked also another guy. But I knew I had no chance with him(I've liked this other guy for like four years, all the time knowing he most likely hates me or something, but I just can't get over him). While being with this boyfriend, I realised that I am bi, and totally in love with my best friend. But she, too, is someone I can't have, because she's straight. So I kept on dating my boyfriend without worries, I maybe liked two other people too, but nah, I had no chance in either of them. But on Monday(yes, April 7th), I broke up with him. I explained it so that when we had started dating, my parents had just started breaking up (I say starting, cos it took them months to consider divorce), so I was in a shocked state, not thinking clearly, so happy of him and much more. I also made it clear -several times- that I did not stop liking him, but that I need a time-out. He seemed fine with it, and for a happy day I thought we had broken up as friends. But no. We have this habit of messaging at night. So, this time our chat grew to a fight where I told him about my two crushes(he sadly knows them both), apologised for everything(many times), and got him blaming me for not thinking things through before deciding. Finally the fight ended to us agreeing it was too late and we went to sleep. But I'm afraid we'll never truly make this up. We have never had a fight this big, and he's not exactly the fighting type. I have no idea what I should do. If I tried to apologise, he'd shrug it off. If I tried to explain, I'd get mad and it would grow into another fight. And I can't ignore him, cos Thts simply rude and, well, I still happen to like him alot. I feel so guilty for raging at him. Sorry if I was unclear. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do?

2. Mehmeister

you should continue on, just act casual, besides since you admitted to being bisexual you don't need to come out. but if he does ask just casually say yes, but also ask him if he won't say it to anyone (optional). or not you can still carry on, everyone gets into big fights with people and you shouldn't dwell on it.

Hope this helps!

3. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does help, thanks. It's just so difficult, in class he sits right next to me, works in the same group as me, but doesn't speak a word or even look at me... We used to have constant eye contact.

4. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    His feelings and pride have been hurt, but you've apologised, what more can you do? Respect the fact that he needs time but be there for him as a friend when he's able to move forward and rekindle that friendship.

5. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I should just let him be, but it's pretty damn hard... I mean, he just completely ignores me and it makes me wanna cry, I caused it....

6. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's harsh, but we have to be responsible for our decisions and deal with the consequences. You got back with your ex but weren't totally committed emotionally, so you didn't fully consider his feelings.

You're both hurt right now, and I know you must desperately want to undo the damage but what's done is done. You've apologised, the ball is in his court now.