1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want More... Does He?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by guyinOH, Apr 9, 2014.

1. guyinOH

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So please bare with me... :confused:

So I've been hanging out / messing around with this guy I met online about 3 months ago (beginning of the year). In our first few times hanging out, we discussed what we were 'looking for' and both of us said nothing serious; which for me was true at that time. But as we hung out more and more, I've started to like him as more than a friend, and really want the situation to progress into something more meaningful (dating/boyfriends). We have a lot of things in common (TV shows, movies, books, cooking, etc.), he's nice, smart and of course he's cute :icon_wink

We started hanging out and met up with each other about a week / week and a half and sometimes even longer in between periods (up to two weeks, due to varying work schedules and other commitments). But we've texted in between just to say 'Hey' and 'How are things', etc. just to keep up the conversation / connection.

After the longer periods of time, we've both sent messages to the effect of "I miss hanging out with you" and "I really want to see you soon". One time, we were texting on a Wednesday night and made plans to hang out the upcoming Friday and he sent a message saying "I wish it was Friday already!"

So I mean on some level, I feel he must like me if he keeps texting and wanting to hang out with me. But there are times where I will text him and he doesn't respond for a day or so; which I get, we all have our own lives/work/friends/etc., but can he really be that busy to not respond, even if it's just to say he's busy or whatever?

So now I'm at the point where I want someone who wants to be in my life as much as I want to be in there's; going out doing things, hanging out, etc. I really want that someone to be him, he's the only guy that I'm talking to / hanging out with at the moment (I'm not the multiple-person-at-a-time kind of guy.)

So the next time we hang out I know I should at least hint at the idea that I'm willing to be more with him, to see how he reacts... but how to go about doing that?

Should I just flat out say 'I'm starting to think I like you as more than a friend', etc. and just see where the conversation leads?

I really don't want to ruin the situation; but I know that if we continue to hang out, I'm going to keep liking him more and more; which could lead to more hurt in the end (for me) if he doesn't feel that way.

Thanks for making it through the post (sorry it's so long!) I've talked to a few friends about this, but welcome outside opinions if anyone has any! Much appreciated!

~guyinOH

2. thrnvlpidj

Is it possible he doesn't have more time to spend with you because he's a multiple-person-at-a-time kind of guy?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should never let how a person interacts through texts/online dictate how you judge them. Some people never respond quickly or feel they need time to digest a message and give a good reply. In my case, I often don't answer calls unless I'm really free. Also, have you ever asked him why he doesn't respond if he's busy? It could be he doesn't realize this is important to you.