1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship with friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nerkpoop78, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Nerkpoop78

I was just wondering but doesn't it feel weird that you're dating your close friend or someone you have known for quite some time? I just feel pretty awkward to me? Opinions?

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't be able to tell you :/
    Imo, there's not a HUGE difference between the two things. One's just slightly more intimate and shows a deeper level of affection.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, it's going to depend on the individuals involved in the relationship.
    If they make it awkward, it'll be awkward, but plenty of close friends that I know have ended up in a relationship together and they make it work.
    It's different for each relationship.

At a younger age, I think it's probably more awkward for the participants because of the lack of social experience that comes with being older.

4. echlolie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dated my best friend for 6 months and then we broke up and we are still best friends. I'd known her for a year before we dated and it's been almost a year since we broke up. We're still close as anything and for us it's never been awkward. I have a new girlfriend now but my best friend is still my soulmate! I'm no longer sexually attracted to her but we just click in a way that I haven't with anyone else and I wouldn't abandon our friendship for the world. I love my girlfriend and I love my bestfriend in different ways. It's not awkward and it never has been, so I think sometimes it can work even if it's just for a while!

5. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It depends on the people, and how comfortable they are with each other. Things are only as awkward as you make them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't think it should be awkward in the first place though.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I would never actually date someone if we weren't 'best friends' for several years first...