1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice? Anyone? Painful

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hard Candy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay so I'm dating this guy I really really like, but I'm not sure what I am to him. When we talk on FB or text, I always have to make the first move and he is sometimes cold. But he's very sweet and caring when we are actually together. He's also very moody. Last Monday, I just made a small comment how he might look haggard if he rides the subway because there are many people there, and he got mad instantly. I've been saying sorry a lot, but he keeps ignoring my messages. I greet him good morning and stuff and he just puts it in "seenzone." Everytime he gets mad at me for small reasons, Im the one who's begging, he's the one who's ignoring. He said im not cliongy and I dont think i am. But i cant stop myself. It hurts terribly.

What should I do? Should I just unfriend him? Block him? What should I do to get him to reply? I already gave him a break, a week without saying hello or anything. But when I said hi after that, he did not reply again. What do you guys think? Am I worth something in this relationship (we're not exactly boyfriends label-wise, but we have been dating and having sex for 2 years) or does he just like controlling someone? Thanks everyone.

2. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not to sound harsh, but this reltionship is unhealthy. I don't say it to be mean, but I've been there, and I know how hard it is to keep this kind of relationship steady. Of course I don't say your relationship with this guy won't work, but there is some questions you have to ask yourself. "Am I willing to take the cost and efforts keep this guy happy, without expecting something in return?" For me, I find it best to end my relationship, because I always felt drained, always doing my best to keep myself together, without getting the attention I wanted.
    Of course I do not know him, but I think that both parts in a relationship should give, not carving from each other.
    So, why did you fall for this guy?
    And do you think you can "change" the situation, and if so; how?
    Feel free to ask, and I really hope things will work out for you, somehow :slight_smile:

3. confusedandi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been in this relationship before and my advice is to get out now. This kind of relationship is extremely toxic and the longer you're in it the more you'll be hurt.

4. ^^^^^
    What they said. For real, man, this sounds so unhealthy. You could be out dating someone who honestly cares about you and will send you that "good morning" text first thing in the morning before you open your eyes. You are worth so much more than that.
    From experience I can tell you that a) He has a man that you don't know about b) you're just a booty call c) he's using you for something else or d) all the above.
    It's not my intention to sound mean, but you should realize how bad this is for you. You're questioning it yourself so you're obviously not completely oblivious to the situation.
    Really, HC, you could do so, so, much better, and you deserve better than that.
    I do have a question though, are you only staying with him because you're afraid of going through the whole dating process?