1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From love to dislike

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainfall, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Rainfall

I'm kinda relieved that I'm not that stupid enough to confess my 'feelings' for my closest friend. I was obsessed with her before. I always kept thinking about her. About the possibility of 'us'. I always look forward to seeing her every single day. I really really wanted for her to know that I am 'in love' with her. Now that those feelings fade. I can't help but distance myself from her. I feel like I violated our friendship by subtly blurring out the lines. I don't see her the same way anymore. I could now see her flaws. Looking back, I really am disgusted with myself for thinking about her like that.

What I also don't understand is that everything she does now annoys the hell out of me. I don't like talking to her nor seeing her anymore. I know I'm not supposed to feel this way. I don't want to hate her but I can't help it. What should I do?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You probably still have feelings for her, but you didn't fully come to terms with them, so now when you try to ignore them, you get frustrated that she still has the power to draw you back in. Don't feel disgusted with yourself; it's natural to fall in love, especially with someone you know so well. In my case, my feelings for a crush always diminish when I know for sure they are not gay/bi/curious. It's the guys who are single and send mixed signals who really mess me up.

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am sorry you are feeling this way. I can tell you, you are not alone. I had feelings for this one person until I finally realized what my family was telling me. I was so blind and only came to realize that she treated people like crap. She liked to judge everyone's imperfections and make herself out to be some perfect little angel which honestly she was very far from. Anywho, she bugged the hell out of me after awhile simply because of her games and belittling people. Took me a year to see that there are better people out there-thank god. I think when we like someone we see only the good things....then when things start coming to the surface we see the real person. It is quite strange really. I can tell you your feelings will subside. You just have to give it time.

I also agree with the person above me. mixed signals suck and throw me for a loop...but we live and learn. Best of luck.

4. Rainfall

She's really a kindhearted person but so are my other friends. I don't know what made her special that made me started obsessing over her all of a sudden. she's straight. That should've put me off in the first place but no. It has been 2 years. Now's the only time that my obsession abruptly stopped.

It's as if I accidentally drank a love potion and now the effect was fading. kidding aside. I really don't know how to act around her. Should I just ignore her? dump her? or pretend that I still am the same person that I was?

5. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You have to do what you feel is right. With the person I mentioned, I had to distance myself because she was not an emotionally healthy person for me to be around. My counselor and family doctor even told me to stop interacting with her so...there was the big red flag. Um...I can understand why you are unsure of how to act around her. You kind of seem to have mixed feelings like you would love to ignore her, but apart of you wants to be in her life. Only you can make that decision. When I hate someone its all over. You sound like you don't want anything to do with her so maybe that is the best way. In my case, I just wanted to argue you with the person because she gave mixed signals like no other and never stopped. Anyways, I think you already know what you want and just need to give yourself permission to let go of her. Best of luck.

6. Rainfall

Mixed signals suck. Were you able to confront her about your feelings?

I would distance myself from now on. Hopefully, those feelings that I had for her won't come back cause it's easier to let go now.

btw, thank you resu and cm403 for helping me out.